all things twitter (1 Viewer)

how would you describe your twitter use

• Total voters
Reaction score
this was inspired by a response by SuperChuck in the Facebook jumped the shark thread. Do you even twitter? How do you make it useful. I am one of those that set up an account but then faded away because I just didn't know who to follow or how to make it useful. Now I just have it loaded with a bunch of local bands and food spots. Thoughts?

Never used it even though I work at a company that mines it's data and is the only with access to the entire Twitterverse.

this was inspired by a response by SuperChuck in the Facebook jumped the shark thread. Do you even twitter? How do you make it useful. I am one of those that set up an account but then faded away because I just didn't know who to follow or how to make it useful. Now I just have it loaded with a bunch of local bands and food spots. Thoughts?

I know a lot of people that have done this. But twitter and awesome and sad but glorious all at the same time. I love twitter and can get info on events so much faster then tv or any other outlet,

It's a glorious, real time, never ending content generator. I mostly follow news sites, reporters, comedians, and random people who have come up in retweets. I sometimes reply to stuff but very rarely send out my own Tweets because I have practically no real human followers. I've never shared with real life friends and family that I use it much because that puts too much pressure not to say something colossally stupid or offensive.

If anyone ever wanted to see the bad things I tweet for some reason I am at @themb504 (somebody took my non-initials plus area code handle before me!)

I use it as a news and sports and fantasy sports aggregator. Functions fantastic for me that way.

I really enjoy Twitter and check it my TL every few hours during day/evening...I play a lot of fantasy, so mostly follow beat guys and fantasy specific writers. Lots of interesting stuff really...from food, wine, TV...etc...I just stay away from following people that go off on politics...I rarely tweet myself

I frequent it for news and sports updates. I don't post often.

I'm 'very active' as in check my feed at least once or twice a day. Enjoy it and it's a great source of breaking news (but your BS meter has to be on point). But actual tweeting is very rare.

I used to use it mostly only to follow Saints players, coaches and sports writers because it's a quick and easy way to stay up to date on the latest happenings...especially in the off season. It was a great tool for keeping up with the Will Smith murder trial.

I have also now followed a bunch of news sites so I can keep up with the political situation. I don't tweet much, mostly lurk and reply to tweets.

Do I use twitter?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Do the Falcons suck??? :hihi:

Twitter is great for real time news and all sports information. It's also great for making jokes at current events. The Falcons stuff has been priceless this week.
FB is for great for keeping up with family, friends, their kids, puppies, what they cooked for dinner and where they are going out tonight.

I've been meaning to ask why Twitter's usage is declining. I've only been there a handful of times.

TWTR Earnings: Why Twitter&#39;s Stock Is Tanking in One Chart | Time.com

I think our poll speaks to the problem. I am in that class of people who signed up and then let it fade away and the poll shows that among our voters we have more of those than we do other users combined. This article I was reading in WSJ before I posted the thread is about those issues as well.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-make-twitter-actually-useful-1458065159

twitter has to figure out how to keep people like me engaged long enough to get the hook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom