All this Dennis Allen Hate (2 Viewers)

TenTwo

local shortstop
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can one of you Dennis Allen haters expound on why you think we should part ways with him?

Which play call or scheme did you expect one thing, he did the other, and you knew (without the benefit of hindsight) that it was a mistake. For example, I've seen plays in the past where you know we should flood coverage because the QB and OL is consistently picking up and picking apart the blitz. We then blitz sand we get burned.

Are you blaming him because players are not playing as well as in the past? Do you think he's stopped coaching? Is it Dennis Allen's fault our players don't have gap integrity or bite on play fakes? Did Dennis Allen draft and sign safeties who don't know how to play in zone coverage...like at all?

I really just don't get the hate and it's seems to be spreading like wild fire on this forum. Everyone wants to come to the rescue to garbage players and blame it all on the coaches.

I'm gonna remind everyone here that the biggest criticism most have had with DA over his tenure had been his 2 minute defense play calling being too conservative and ineffective. I felt that way too...but has that been an issue this season? I think some of his best work has come in those situations this season.

The problem with this defense is not scheme. It's execution. If these millionaire athletes can execute the scheme, we're dominant right now. Problem is, they either can't or just aren't.

Last edited:
Fans are frustrated....I don’t believe DA suddenly forgot how to coach, but this is basically the same roster defensively that played really well at times last year...you can’t make me believe Bell and Klein had that kind of an impact on our D...I don’t know what’s wrong...
I said it in many thread. Those two are a factor, especially Klein. He knows how to get the right calls and signals to the players. Bell was always at the right place at the right time. He was never given enough credit.

Looking at that Moore bomb and seeing Marcus Williams bust the coverage makes it seem like a player problem to me. The chemistry and communication is off in the secondary and I think losing Vonn Bell is the reason. Jenkins may be personally better in coverage than Bell, but the whole secondary is busting more coverages this season than the last couple of years. And as good as Jenkins was in Philly I saw a lot of the same big plays given up to WR’s with the Eagles the past couple years.

We’ve known DA was ... above average??
and made good in game adjustments
But whether it him or Aaron Glenn, someone is not getting the most out of their players
No one is doing for their position groups what Nolan did last year for LBs
even Nielsen seems a mixed bag this year

how is it that players consistently forget how to play in this D?

Is he having a hard time fitting MJenkins into his schemes? Jenkins seems to spend a ton of time near the line of scrimmage and appears to have slowed down significantly in coverage. Ultimately though, it is a results-based league. If the defense cannot improve, changes need to be considered.

Looking at that Moore bomb and seeing Marcus Williams bust the coverage makes it seem like a player problem to me. The chemistry and communication is off in the secondary and I think losing Vonn Bell is the reason. Jenkins may be personally better in coverage than Bell, but the whole secondary is busting more coverages this season than the last couple of years. And as good as Jenkins was in Philly I saw a lot of the same big plays given up to WR’s with the Eagles the past couple years.
Yep, it keeps happening year after year with this defense. No matter what players we have during that season, the results are the same.
At some point the buck stops at Dennis Allen. From bad schemes to not adjusting during the game, We’ve said all of the same things before about him. Pro bowl players come here and become mediocre, 1st round draft picks regress. At this point if he hasn’t even benched anybody to at least set an example, he should be benched.

If the players are underperformed should they not be pulled? Thats my question, its an accountability issue. In any servicer if the staff underperformed we seek the management. Management trains and holds them accountable or both will be relieved of their duties.

If that was true there would never be such a thing as a "bad player". Any team with a good coaching staff would win the SB every year. Really bad "hot take" on a subject that requires a bit more nuance....
Well if the issue is the players DA picked those players decided they were good enough to start and he keeps them on the field when they play bad. If anything you’re making more of a case against DA his schemes are terrible and he can’t recognize talent.

I've defended DA for years, but you can't over look the fact that we've drafted a Pro-Bowl CB and brought in two more Pro-Bowl DB's (J. Jenkins & M. Jenkins) and all 3 have looked really bad.

The problem is we don't have very much turnover (J. Jenkins & Baun being the only 2 new players; M. Jenkins played under DA while here the first time) and yet we constantly have guys out of place or making the wrong reads. These guys should know this system by heart and yet they look like they are playing a brand new system every game. That is completely on coaching. Also, if there are guys who can't pick up the system, it is the coaches responsibility to remove that player and put in someone who can. As we've seen in the past, having the most athletic person out there on the field isn't always the best option if they don't know where to be or what their assignment is. If Swearinger, Hampton, PJ Williams, or anyone can understand the assignments better and be in position than they should start over Williams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom