All-Time Best Saints Roster of Sean Payton's Draft Picks (1 Viewer)

what i learned from this is we're not great at drafting QBs. I agree with this for the most part although I would somehow find a way to put Carl Nicks in there. Even though he was a project when drafted he turned out to be a beast.

That offense is something special. The man knows that side of the ball.

what i learned from this is we're not great at drafting QBs. I agree with this for the most part although I would somehow find a way to put Carl Nicks in there. Even though he was a project when drafted he turned out to be a beast.

Why is Strief in there over Nicks? Strief was a project as well. Dude was a 7th round pick.

Payton was horrible at drafting players up till Ireland came in

It tells ya how bad he’s been a drafting LBs when Kikaha and Anthony make the team. I would probably put Martez Wilson or even Marvin Mitchell over Anthony due to Anthony being a 1st round bust ?. I would probably move Roman Harper to LB and put Vonn Bell in at SS. And I would cheat and put Ninkovich in for Kikaka.

I would probably put Sedrick Ellis since he contributed to us winning a ring and Akiem Hicks since he’s been successful with the Bears over David Onyemata & Sheldon Rankins. But since Hicks wasn’t successful with us I’d put in Rankins for him.

Yes and I would keep Strief over Nicks due to him being one of SP’s best picks ever. A 7th round pick that played a decade plus a couple seasons for us while winning a ring as a backup.

Last edited:
It's hard to believe that we really haven't hit on one single LB in the draft in like 20 years. Sure, we've had a couple that have been decent, but they had extensive injury history prior to the draft, and have dealt with injuries afterwards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom