All-Time Saints Secondary, Who Would You Pick? (1 Viewer)

B_doggman47

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If you could pick your favorite all-time Saints DB's to build your secondary, who would you pick? This would be my secondary:

RCB- Jabari Greer, Mike (Predator) McKinzie
SS- Sammy Knight, Tommy Myers
FS- Darren Sharper, Gene Atkins
LCB- Dave Whitsell, Johnnie Poe

Extras: Tracy Porter,Dave Waymer, Robert Massey, Vince Buck & Brett Maxie.

Eric Allen and Russell Gary should probably be in there somewhere.

I like mckenzie and knight

I have trouble putting sharper on the list because he really only played 1 season that was worthy of note

I'd probably throw Harper in there somewhere too but I have trouble putting him over knight and myers

I like mckenzie and knight

I have trouble putting sharper on the list because he really only played 1 season that was worthy of note

I'd probably throw Harper in there somewhere too but I have trouble putting him over knight and myers

I usually have an issue with short-timers on any all-time teams...but the secondary is probably the weakest part of the team over time. Reeeeel tough to pick enough truly good players to staff a team.

I usually have an issue with short-timers on any all-time teams...but the secondary is probably the weakest part of the team over time. Reeeeel tough to pick enough truly good players to staff a team.

I agree and sharper had one of the all time great seasons for any DB on any team...all when he was "washed up"

Secondary has been traditionally the weakest for the Saints. There are no all-time greats on the list except Sharper. As all-time greats you could include Dale Carter and Eric Allen in the list, but they made their marks with other teams. Compare that to the Dome Patrol and defensive linemen like Joe Johnson, La' Roi Glover, Wayne Martin, and the like.

CB -Mike McKenzie, Dave Whitsell, Jabari Greer, Fred Thomas

Safety -Sammy Knight, Tommy Meyers, Darren Sharper, Ron Harper

Dave Waymer was a pretty good at both safety and C.B.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom