All Time Yard Ball Team (2 Viewers)

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The thread about building your own team made up of a QB, RB, WR, and TE had me thinking about an all time yard ball team. This would be 6 on 6 with no real positions. No O line is required. 3 alligator rule is in effect. And we're tackling.

I'd start with Vick. No explanation should be needed. He could do anything on offense and he'd be all over the place on defense. Then I'm looking at Bo Jackson. Another versatile player who would blow people up over the middle. I'll round out my squad with Lawrence Taylor, Megatron, Deion Sanders, and Ronnie Lott. So:

Vick
Bo
Megatron
LT
Deion
Ronnie Lott

It would be hard to find 6 guys who could compete with my squad in a yard football game.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I reversed that checkmate because there's no way your guys could keep up with mine. Just not enough speed. Unless you tried to load the box and rush Vick but that wouldn't end well.
To be honest, I thought it would be 3 on offense and 3 on defense. Didn’t think they were playing both sides of the ball. I’ve been up since 3am

OP
OP
saint_drago

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm now considering if we all made a mistake by not putting power backs on our teams (except the guy with Derrick Henry).

Looking at my team, if you had Jerome Bettis against me and he could get by Peppers, ain't nobody else tackling him. Basically any play Peppers can't get to him is a touchdown. Same thing against most of ya'll's teams. He'd just be dragging people past the oak tree by the fence, which is of course the endzone.

This thread is awesome btw
You don't think LT, Ronnie Lott, and Bo Jackson would be enough to stop The Bus or some other power back?

OP
OP
saint_drago

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good point.

There'd be a lot of matchup chess being played.
I'm sure we've all played our fair share of yard football and two things are a universal truth. One, everyone wants to play QB even if they are terrible at playing QB. And two, the run game is rarely established. It's hard to establish the run game when everybody is running a route screaming "I'm open!"

So I'll take my chances on a Derrick Henry or Christian Okoye running wild. Gimme all the fast guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom