All Time Yard Ball Team (1 Viewer)

Randall Cunningham
Walter Payton
Antonio Brown
Ray Lewis
Ed Reed
Charles Woodson

Checkmate

I reversed that checkmate because there's no way your guys could keep up with mine. Just not enough speed. Unless you tried to load the box and rush Vick but that wouldn't end well.

Michael Vick
Deion Sanders
Barry Sanders
Charles Woodson
Calvin Johnson
Ed Reed

If winners stay on the field, this squad is not leaving until the street lights come on.

Michael Vick
Deion Sanders
Barry Sanders
Charles Woodson
Calvin Johnson
Ed Reed

If winners stay on the field, this squad is not leaving until the street lights come on.

Not even gonna lie. That's a salty unit.

The thread about building your own team made up of a QB, RB, WR, and TE had me thinking about an all time yard ball team. This would be 6 on 6 with no real positions. No O line is required. 3 alligator rule is in effect. And we're tackling.

I'd start with Vick. No explanation should be needed. He could do anything on offense and he'd be all over the place on defense. Then I'm looking at Bo Jackson. Another versatile player who would blow people up over the middle. I'll round out my squad with Lawrence Taylor, Megatron, Deion Sanders, and Ronnie Lott. So:

Vick
Bo
Megatron
LT
Deion
Ronnie Lott

It would be hard to find 6 guys who could compete with my squad in a yard football game.

Vick - best pure athlete I've ever seen
Bo - 2nd best
Lamar Jackson - Vick 2.0
Charles Woodson - Two way player, unreal athlete
Randy Moss - backyard ball always has the "just throw it up to him" guy who is tall and can jump and come down with it even with like 3 smaller kids guarding him. Randy Moss is my that kid
Julius Peppers as my pass rush guy, he could also be an offensive threat as a receiver (soft hands, played basketball at UNC)

Bo - 2nd best
Lamar Jackson - Vick 2.0
Taysom Hill - Coach on the field
Randy Moss - backyard ball always has the "just throw it up to him" guy who is tall and can jump and come down with it even with like 3 smaller kids guarding him. Randy Moss is my that kid
Julius Peppers as my pass rush guy, he could also be an offensive threat as a receiver (soft hands, played basketball at UNC)

Oh man, Peppers would be unstoppable. Good call.

Michael Vick
Deion Sanders
Barry Sanders
Charles Woodson
Calvin Johnson
Ed Reed

I posted mine before scrolling the thread. I figured I'd be the first to mention Woodson. Great pull on that one, he'd be a backyard monster.

Bo - 2nd best
Lamar Jackson - Vick 2.0
Charles Woodson - Two way player, unreal athlete

Peppers would be brilliant. I see Moss as a giant liability on defense.

Considered putting Lamar Jackson instead of Barry but...it's Barry Sanders. This squad and laterals allowed...smh....wouldn't be fair.

Vick and Barry Sanders in the same backfield wouldn't be fair. I wanted to go with Barry but I worried about him on defense. I feel like you'd have to hide him schematically. Put back there at Safety and hope for the best. But with Bo Jackson I'm getting more pure speed and a bigger body.

Bo can play any position you ask. Offense or defense. Or Special Teams.

Peppers would be brilliant. I see Moss as a giant liability on defense.

Going through all of the teams on this list, there's always a guy I think Moss could at cover at least reasonably effectively. Either Deion who is on a ton of teams (rightfully so, he'd be a monster), or whoever your big defensive guy is. That's why I went with Peppers over someone like Lawrence Taylor or Ray Lewis. LT/Ray give you a break on defense as you can "hide" your weakest defender on them. Whereas there's no chance in hell Randy Moss could defend Peppers. Peppers could have played TE professionally if he wasn't the best DE in football.

But the real question is whether or not my Randy Moss could guard Randy Moss from all of ya'll's teams. ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom