All Time Yard Ball Team (1 Viewer)

Peppers would be brilliant. I see Moss as a giant liability on defense.

Total agreement. It's like you're looking into my mind and typing my thoughts. Moss would obviously be a handful on offense but again, you have to think about defense too. I don't see him bringing the kind of heat that you need in yard ball. He brings virtually nothing to the table.

I'm now considering if we all made a mistake by not putting power backs on our teams (except the guy with Derrick Henry).

Looking at my team, if you had Jerome Bettis against me and he could get by Peppers, ain't nobody else tackling him. Basically any play Peppers can't get to him is a touchdown. Same thing against most of ya'll's teams. He'd just be dragging people past the oak tree by the fence, which is of course the endzone.

This thread is awesome btw

I reversed that checkmate because there's no way your guys could keep up with mine. Just not enough speed. Unless you tried to load the box and rush Vick but that wouldn't end well.
To be honest, I thought it would be 3 on offense and 3 on defense. Didn’t think they were playing both sides of the ball. I’ve been up since 3am

I'm now considering if we all made a mistake by not putting power backs on our teams (except the guy with Derrick Henry).

Looking at my team, if you had Jerome Bettis against me and he could get by Peppers, ain't nobody else tackling him. Basically any play Peppers can't get to him is a touchdown. Same thing against most of ya'll's teams. He'd just be dragging people past the oak tree by the fence, which is of course the endzone.

This thread is awesome btw

You don't think LT, Ronnie Lott, and Bo Jackson would be enough to stop The Bus or some other power back?

Good point.

There'd be a lot of matchup chess being played.

I'm sure we've all played our fair share of yard football and two things are a universal truth. One, everyone wants to play QB even if they are terrible at playing QB. And two, the run game is rarely established. It's hard to establish the run game when everybody is running a route screaming "I'm open!"

So I'll take my chances on a Derrick Henry or Christian Okoye running wild. Gimme all the fast guys.

Roger Staubach
Barry Sanders
Gronk
Jack Lambert
Dick “Night Tain” Lane
Jack Tatum

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom