All u need is 25% of the fans in the dome (1 Viewer)

It's going to disappointing to have such a small crowd, because you can't affect the offense without the big crowd to make noise, and the masks will reduce the volume even more. It will be like playing on a neutral field, but I like the 25% idea. I think there was a time when the Saints only filled 25% of the stands when they were terrible, so I hope we can do that. I just hope the dome prevents seats that aren't sold from being used, otherwise people will try to fill in the seats. I like what the Japanese did by putting mannequins in the unused seats.

not sure what to think bc i don't know what you're saying

i wear a mask for about 6 hours at a time - it's fine

Maybe for you. If I put mine on for an hour my whole head is covered in sweat like I've been wearing a football helmet. Depends on the person I guess.

Maybe for you. If I put mine on for an hour my whole head is covered in sweat like I've been wearing a football helmet. Depends on the person I guess.

Definitely depends on the material too. Personally, I find the non-surgical blue masks allow for easier breathing as they don't get sucked back into your mouth or nostrils whenever you inhale.

My only question is how on earth they decide who gets to go to the games. Isn't the Dome basically sold out to season ticket holders? So, which ones get to come and which ones have to stay home, and how does the NFL handle giving back money to those who aren't allowed to attend?
I'm just glad I don't have to figure out something like that. That would be a thankless job with a whole lot of anger being directed at you from several different perspectives.

My only question is how on earth they decide who gets to go to the games. Isn't the Dome basically sold out to season ticket holders? So, which ones get to come and which ones have to stay home, and how does the NFL handle giving back money to those who aren't allowed to attend?
I'm just glad I don't have to figure out something like that. That would be a thankless job with a whole lot of anger being directed at you from several different perspectives.

Well a lot of people are opting out right now. I'm guessing they'll see who is left and evaluate from there. But the opt-outs will remove a lot of people from it.

Definitely depends on the material too. Personally, I find the non-surgical blue masks allow for easier breathing as they don't get sucked back into your mouth or nostrils whenever you inhale.

I'm using cloth ones now from target. I don't like the smell of the blue ones and the rubber band snapped.

back on to the subject. All we need is 25%? That's like 18K? Ever been to a New Orleans bowl? It's nothing like a saints game. You're going to have less people than that and spread them out throughout the dome and put masks on their faces. Ever been to a blowout when a lot of people leave early? We need a lot more than 25% to have an effective home field advantage. 50% maybe you have a chance.

No, No, No. I wish the league and college football would get their heads out the sand. We're lucky if we get football; having fans is the wrong message and a pipe dream.

Have the Saints made an official decision on 25% capacity max or is this your idea? If your idea, imho it's not a bad idea at all. I think quite smart

edit: I started with the box of 50 nursing type throw-away masks. These were ok but I found them itchy when I got sweaty. Some small fibers come loose and that drove me nutz - or maybe I should say nutzer - lol. I tried 2 others and found a clothe one with an optional filter. This one is quite comfortable, soft and breathes much better than the itchy ones

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom