Speculation Allen’s Job Isn’t In Jeopardy Until Monday Night (1 Viewer)

of course. win tomorrow night and we're somehow right there for the division with a reasonable slate remaining and players getting healthy.
The Saints are gonna Mr. Magoo their way to a NFCS title.

DA isn't getting fired this year, and likely will be the coach through out 2023. The Saints are not a one and done kind of team. His job isn't in jeopardy like y'all think. It just isn't. DA isn't my guy, never was. Two years is fair though.
How many years did Stan Van Gundy get with the Pelicans? Arguably his year went a lot better than Dennis Allen's has.

2 years of Allen will set us back 10. He can’t win now with a fairly decent roster- what do you think happens once the fire sale starts??
No it won't. That's not the point anyway. The quality of your coaching choices thins, when you become the team that fires coaches in their first year.

what do you think happens once the fire sale starts??
That's the point. How good a coach do you think we can get in 2023? No 1# pick 54 million over he cap, no franchise QB. You just fired a beloved DC that's been here for awhile. With DA as coach, you can work on those hurdles for 2024. As we stand today, what quality coach wants to come for that in 2023.

No it won't. That's not the point anyway. The quality of your coaching choices thins, when you become the team that fires coaches in their first year.
This isn't Dennis Allen 1st year as a head coach.

That rule only applies to rookie head coaches. Dennis isn't one. Him being treated as 4th year HC is appropriate and fair.

If he can't win now after this many years... He never will...

Not the same stigma in basketball. It's just not applicable.
Id say it’s more urgent to get the Saints right. The Saints are the center of Gayle’s businesses.
As successful as the Pelicans could be, they’ll always be in the Saints shadow.
She could’ve let Gundy stay, but she didn’t. It’s getting to that time with Allen.

That rule only applies to rookie head coaches. Dennis isn't one.
One and done applies to every coach. Look at the teams that have done it. Where are they now? The Jajs don't count. Meyer was a dumpster fire of a person. That's what got him fired.

That rule only applies to rookie head coaches. Dennis isn't one.
Btw.............I have never herd this articulated before. Show me it in print.

Id say it’s more urgent to get the Saints right. The Saints are the center of Gayle’s businesses.
As successful as the Pelicans could be, they’ll always be in the Saints shadow.
She could’ve let Gundy stay, but she didn’t. It’s getting to that time with Allen.
We will see, I'm not going anywhere.

DA isn't getting fired this year, and likely will be the coach through out 2023. The Saints are not a one and done kind of team. His job isn't in jeopardy like y'all think. It just isn't. DA isn't my guy, never was. Two years is fair though.
I love this argument. How can anyone outside of the front office know this, yet you speak in certainties. Saints haven't had this bad of a coach since Ditka. Also Drew and Sean created a winning culture we never had prior. You protect that culture at all costs. You don't let the idea of a 1 and done coach and you being wrong about the hire, get in the way of it. Loomis should be tied to Allen's failure if he lets him coach this team another season.

Two years is fair? Urban Myer says different. You are guaranteed anything in life, nor should an NFL coach. You inherited a quality team and have devolved it into a team on par with the Texans and Jags.

One and done applies to every coach. Look at the teams that have done it. Where are they now? The Jajs don't count. Meyer was a dumpster fire of a person. That's what got him fired.

Btw.............I have never herd this articulated before. Show me it in print.

I'm sorry to come off condescending, because we cool.

Here.we.go....

Dennis Allen is 12-36 loser and no one cares if he got fired. He never should of gotten hired in the 1st place and the league now's that. Nobody wanted him. The circumstances his hiring is different than any other one and done in history.

You can't one and done a coach?
-Chiefs did pretty fine one and done a coach and got Andy Reid.
-Pelicans did wonderful one and done a coach in Van Gundy for Willie Green.

The truth of the matter is that one and done a coach is irrelevant.

Bad organization one and done coaches because they was clearly bad decisions.

The reason why can't get good coaches... Is because they don't have talent.

You know what matters to a new hire? Roster talent, draft capital, FO stability, loyalty to a rookie head coach...

Nobody cares about a coach that never should of gotten a 2nd chance in the 1st place.

That rule only applies to rookie head coaches. Dennis isn't one. Him being treated as 4th year HC is appropriate and fair.

If he can't win now after this many years... He never will...
People like to mention that BB failed with the Browns, but he already had two rings with Parcells, and his record was better. Pete Carroll was 33-31. Maybe DA should become a college HC so he can learn to be an HC. DA is currently 12-32 as a head coach.

I'm sorry to come of condescending, because we cool.

Here.we.go.

Dennis Allen is 12-36 loser and no one cares if he got fired. He never should of gotten hired in the 1st place and the league now's that. Nobody wanted him. The circumstances his hiring is different than any other one and done in history.

You can't one and done a coach?
-Chiefs did pretty fine one and done a coach and got Andy Reid.
-Pelicans did wonderful one and done a coach in Van Gundy for Willie Green.

The truth of the matter is that one and done a coach is irrelevant.

Bad organization one and done coaches because they was clearly bad decisions.

The reason why can't get good coaches... Is because they don't have talent.

You know what matters to a new hire? Roster talent, draft capital, FO stability, loyalty to a rookie head coach...

Nobody cares about coach that never should of gotten a 2nd chance in the 1st place.
The one argument is that some franchises are trigger happy when they fire coaches. And it’s not just one and dones, but in general. I look at the Lions and Jim Caldwell. He was their first winning coach in decades and they fired him.
The Cowboys and anyone besides Landry.
The Bucs in general.
The Bills before McDermott.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom