Speculation Allen’s Job Isn’t In Jeopardy Until Monday Night (1 Viewer)

One and done applies to every coach. Look at the teams that have done it. Where are they now? The Jajs don't count. Meyer was a dumpster fire of a person. That's what got him fired.

Btw.............I have never herd this articulated before. Show me it in print.
Okay, here is the list. I think the Eagles, Packers, Seahawks, and Niners turned out okay. Your argument is weak when you look at recent history. History shows its better to cut ties with a bad coach than stick with him.
Here's the full list of one-and-done coaches since 1994:

1994: Pete Carroll, Jets (6-10)
1997: Joe Bugel, Raiders (4-12)
1999: Ray Rhodes, Packers (8-8)
2000: Al Groh, Jets (9-7)
2001: Marty Schottenheimer, Washington (8-8)
2006: Art Shell, Raiders (2-14)
2007: Cam Cameron, Dolphins (1-15)
2007: Bobby Petrino, Falcons (3-10)
2009: Jim Mora, Seahawks (5-11)
2011: Hue Jackson, Raiders (8-8)
2012: Mike Mularkey, Jaguars (2-14)
2013: Rob Chudzinski, Browns (4-12)
2015: Jim Tomsula, 49ers (5-11)
2016: Chip Kelly, 49ers (2-14)
2018: Steve Wilks, Cardinals (3-13)
2021: Urban Meyer, Jaguars (2-11)

And getting rid of Allen doesn't fix our issues either. We have personnel issues, lingering cap problems and reduced draft assets. Most of all, we lack executive leadership and decision making. The fix starts with Gayle making a GM change.
Why are you so hellbent on keeping Dennis Allen? I was for him at the beginning of the season, if only for continuity purposes. The train was rumbling down the track. But he blew up everything and tried to put his stamp on things. It was obvious the players weren’t buying it. Then he benched Winston for Dalton, and we see where that has gotten him. He tried to be a player’s coach and that backfired. He didn’t learn anything from his time in Oakland. He was given a Cadillac and he turned it into a pinto.

The one argument is that some franchises are trigger happy when they fire coaches. And it’s not just one and dones, but in general. I look at the Lions and Jim Caldwell. He was their first winning coach in decades and they fired him.
The Cowboys and anyone besides Landry.
The Bucs in general.
The Bills before McDermott.
Jim Caldwell was held to different standards unfortunately.

Even then... A lot of those trigger happy firing were the right decision.

I would fault the hiring process more than the firing process. Just like our was a complete sham of a coaching search.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to come off condescending, because we cool.

Here.we.go....

Dennis Allen is 12-36 loser and no one cares if he got fired. He never should of gotten hired in the 1st place and the league now's that. Nobody wanted him. The circumstances his hiring is different than any other one and done in history.

You can't one and done a coach?
-Chiefs did pretty fine one and done a coach and got Andy Reid.
-Pelicans did wonderful one and done a coach in Van Gundy for Willie Green.

The truth of the matter is that one and done a coach is irrelevant.

Bad organization one and done coaches because they was clearly bad decisions.

The reason why can't get good coaches... Is because they don't have talent.

You know what matters to a new hire? Roster talent, draft capital, FO stability, loyalty to a rookie head coach...

Nobody cares about a coach that never should of gotten a 2nd chance in the 1st place.
Look, Sean Payton is on record saying he interviewed hoping the Green Bay job would open up. The point is, there will always be candidates. You just haven’t found the right one.

I love this argument. How can anyone outside of the front office know this, yet you speak in certainties. Saints haven't had this bad of a coach since Ditka. Also Drew and Sean created a winning culture we never had prior. You protect that culture at all costs. You don't let the idea of a 1 and done coach and you being wrong about the hire, get in the way of it. Loomis should be tied to Allen's failure if he lets him coach this team another season.

Two years is fair? Urban Myer says different. You are guaranteed anything in life, nor should an NFL coach. You inherited a quality team and have devolved it into a team on par with the Texans and Jags.
Exactly, I keep seeing this nonsense about one and done not being a Saints or Loomis thing but how can we possibly know?

They haven’t had to even consider firing a HC for the last 15 years. At least not for footballing reasons, anyway.

Look, Sean Payton is on record saying he interviewed hoping the Green Bay job would open up. The point is, there will always be candidates. You just haven’t found the right one.
Good point.

Did Washington get better for keeping Jay Gruden all those years? Nope. Hanging on to an inept mediocre coach is suffering that I never want to experience.

Jim Caldwell was held to different standards unfortunately.

Even then... A lot of those trigger happy firing were the right decision.

I would fault the hiring process more than the firing process. Just like our was a complete sham
I think the Lions blew it by firing Caldwell. 9-7 in ‘17 and haven’t had a winning record since.

I think the Lions blew it by firing Caldwell. 9-7 in ‘17 and haven’t had a winning record since.
It was weird how the Lions front office never really went all for Caldwell, but did for that cancer Matt Patricia. They let him build the roster he want while they told Caldwell "This is the best we got"

Those Caldwell Lions really played their butts off.

Why are you so hellbent on keeping Dennis Allen? I was for him at the beginning of the season, if only for continuity purposes. The train was rumbling down the track. But he blew up everything and tried to put his stamp on things. It was obvious the players weren’t buying it. Then he benched Winston for Dalton, and we see where that has gotten him. He tried to be a player’s coach and that backfired. He didn’t learn anything from his time in Oakland. He was given a Cadillac and he turned it into a pinto.
Please show me where I said that I wanted to keep Dennis. I think firing him before the end of the season is a mistake, so thats not wanting to keep him. I said firing him won't necessarily fix our problems, thats not me wanting to keep him. I said I think we should hire a GM who can make decisions about coaching, etc. Thats not me advocating for keeping him. I'm not denying that we have coachging issues, I just happen to believe we have deeper issues and am focused on that because it would plague a new coach as well.

Dennis Allen is 12-36 loser and no one cares if he got fired. He never should of gotten hired in the 1st place and the league now's that. Nobody wanted him. The circumstances his hiring is different than any other one and done in history.
DA is in house and you don't one and done a guy you hired twice and really changed the fortunes of this team the day he took over as DC, after "how many" 7/9 seasons? You don't one and done that guy. I just think you are over looking things. What does firing DA do for us in our pursuit of an elite coach.

Please show me where I said that I wanted to keep Dennis. I think firing him before the end of the season is a mistake, so thats not wanting to keep him. I said I think we should hire a GM who can make decisions about coaching, etc. Thats not me advocating for keeping him. I'm not denying that we have coachging issues, I just happen to believe we have deeper issues and am focused on that because it would hamper a new coach as well.
You have a GM that made a decision on coaching. I will give Loomis a mulligan on the DA situation. I think the whole thing is on DA. If he doesn’t make a change these last five games and the arrows isn’t pointing up, then I fault Loomis if he keeps him.

It was weird how the Lions front office never really went all for Caldwell, but did for that cancer Matt Patricia. They let him build the roster he want while they told Caldwell "This is the best we got"

Those Caldwell Lions really played their butts off.
This is the sign of a dysfunctional organization.

DA is in house and you don't one and done a guy you hired twice and really changed the fortunes of this team the day he took over as DC, after "how many" 7/9 seasons? You don't one and done that guy. I just think you are over looking things. What does firing DA do for us in our pursuit of an elite coach.
Getting the team a better coach. He’s been a great DC, but a disastrous HC.

You have a GM that made a decision on coaching. I will give Loomis a mulligan on the DA situation. I think the whole thing is on DA. If he doesn’t make a change these last five games and the arrows isn’t pointing up, then I fault Loomis if he keeps him.
Where did I say that I want Mickey gone for picking a bad coach? It's much deeper than that. Replace DA with whoever you want, with the front office we have, the depleted draft assets, poor salary cap situation and disjointed roster, the next guy fails too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom