Allen got blitz happy in the 2nd half (1 Viewer)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saints?src=hash">#Saints</a> DC Dennis Allen blitzed 50 percent of Philip Rivers’ dropbacks in 2H after bringing such pressure on 17 percent of dropbacks in 1H.</p>— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/782756577937874948">October 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He had to do something. Rivers was eating the secondary alive in the first half.

I liked it. Even some of those third downs Rivers was hitting on on that long drive, our guys were close to making plays. I'd love it if he continued with the aggressive blitzing.

DA needs to go full-on Gregg Williams. You've got to give your young secondary a chance to capitalize, and not hang them out to dry for a century rushing 4.

They'll give up big plays, but they've been doing that anyway. You might as well gamble, especially when your short a few starters in the defensive backfield. I'd like to see that approach for a full 60 minutes. No guts, no glory.

we need to do more of that....Then more the opp qb get hit the better chance our defense will get.

I watched the Wisconsin game Sat and no doubt the Michigan PassRush had their QB seeing ghost by the end of the game. Bracing for contact 3-4 seconds b4 touched. Rushed throws etc etc.

Only advantage Defenses have over offenses is fear. Hit the QB early and often and eventually if he's thinking about getting hit he's not thinking about the things he needs to be doing to win.

Yet again I think he only reason u can go blitz crazy is because the Chargers aware are mediocre at best. No way you can call that type of game if that is say the Giants WR corps.

This defense has always played best when we were aggressive.

our linebackers can't cover, so not much use in dropping them back into coverage. So it's either let them stand around in the linebacker area, or blitz. I think the choice is obvious.

I'm for it.
Keep it coming; Newton is up next and he's been getting beaten up pretty badly and we need to make sure he's uncomfortable in two weeks.

our linebackers can't cover, so not much use in dropping them back into coverage. So it's either let them stand around in the linebacker area, or blitz. I think the choice is obvious.

Yup. So true.

Atlanta and the Raiders exploited our weak middle by playing quick drop 5-7 TD passes to the areas poorly covered by our linebackers.

Rivers was having a field day in the first half.

At least blitzing can clog the passing lanes and even if their don't get a sack, there is a timing disruption. Rivers had some rushed passes in the third quarter. Almost all were on blitzes.

As mentioned, we will give up some big plays, but we weren't exactly preventing the long play by playing safe and passive. This is the way we have to go at least until Breaux is back. I like Sterling Moore, so we might have a number two corner now. We just need to keep creating disruption.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom