Allen, Loomis, and Co. are Killing It in Free Agency! (2 Viewers)

The latest narrative (at least on the NFL subreddit) is that Loomis is going to retire soon so he doesn't care how much he messes up the Saints salary cap situation as long as the team is competitive while he's here. He'll leave a huge problem for the next guy to clean up...

But in reality they're just jealous that their teams take the salary cap seriously and still suck every year.
I think what's lost on the naysayers is this: What is the point for a NFL team? To field the best team possible each year. That's what the Saints have done. Think of the negative impact a tank season has on the fans. And for a small market team like the Saints, the revenue hit from disinterest would be a killer. We now have hope for next season that a month ago was not there. The true key to sustained success, though, is going to be how Ireland and the scouting department replenish the roster and their track record is pretty damn solid. I'm impressed and excited by what they have done so far.

Can't complain about the FO moves, they have been outstanding, and with all the draft picks (and Jeff Ireland) this should be a playoff roster.....the excuses end now for DA....

Going from cap hostile to cap friendly plus signing the best available free agent quarterback plus TWO defensive tackles plus stealing a running back who led the NFL in rushing touchdowns... Maybe that's just me, but it looks rather impressive.
It’s almost like Loomis and Harley know what they’re doing better than Nick Wright but I might be wrong :wright:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom