Allen, Loomis, and Co. are Killing It in Free Agency! (1 Viewer)

I feel that Saunders and Shepherd were guys we looked at drafting but missed out on. Meaning that we did the homework on these guys back in 2018 and 2019 and knew they were upgrades to the players we let walk this offseason.

I still can't believe that CJ Gardener-Johnson is still a free agent. I thought he would be signed by now.
Same issue he probably had with the Saints, he wants more money than the team is willing to pay.

Last edited:
I still can't believe that CJ Gardener-Johnson is still a free agent. I thought he would be signed by now.

How cool would it be if he and Allen let bygones be bygones and we got this man back in the fold?

Our roster would suddenly be teetering on the brink of greatness if we can hit on a draft pick of two.

How cool would it be if

How cool would it be if he and Allen let bygones be bygones and we got this man back in the fold?

Our roster would suddenly be teetering on the brink of greatness if we can hit on a draft pick of two.
I don't think CJ is capable of swallowing his pride. As much crap as I gave DA this past season, that was one move he made that I felt was the right one, both at the time and especially in retrospect. If CJ had played safety as "well" as he did since he came into the league, chances are he would've washed out of the league. DA and his scheme made him.

I don't think CJ is capable of swallowing his pride. As much crap as I gave DA this past season, that was one move he made that I felt was the right one, both at the time and especially in retrospect. If CJ had played safety as "well" as he did since he came into the league, chances are he would've washed out of the league. DA and his scheme made him.
I agree. The coaches saw him every day. Wanted him to stay at slot & not pay him 'safety' money. Looks like Phili saw it too.

Going from cap hostile to cap friendly plus signing the best available free agent quarterback plus TWO defensive tackles plus stealing a running back who led the NFL in rushing touchdowns... Maybe that's just me, but it looks rather impressive.

As much as I am disappointed in the Loomis/Gayle B decision to retain what I think is a hopelessly lost coaching staff.....this FO has made some stellar moves in improving the roster, setting up the draft nicely.....if this roster is healthy even the most fervent DA supporters should realize there are no more excuses.....

As much as I’ve criticised the regime over the last couple of years, it’s brilliant to support a team that goes all in to try and make a Super Bowl like we do.

Just a great offseason so far, this team is looking really strong and we still have 3 picks in the top 100 to come. In the space of a few weeks I’ve gone from not being hugely interested in next season to thinking we might have an outside shot at a championship.
I think this team can be an excellent team like the 2022 Eagles were last year.

Agreed. He's not Brees, obviously, but he's the best QB not named Brees that the Saints have had on the roster in the last 15 years and that's exciting.
Agreed but Brees had to come into his own here. He became more special as the years went on. We can hope that for Carr because he has football smarts and reads defenses and audibles like Brees and he has great skill and a strong arm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom