Allen Robinson (1 Viewer)

He's my number one sleeper. If a 2nd round guy can be a sleeper, that is.

You called it. :9:

I've changed my tune on Robinson since the beginning of the year.

His speed isn't as bad as I thought and He might have the best release off of the LOS of any receiver other than Watkins, Evans and Adams.

He seems to excel at beating press coverage and really did a good job on Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

He actually burned Baptiste twice (4:35) but the qb overthrew him once (2:11).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8XjPVcKDF00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His only drawback is that he only had 3 catches in the redzone last year.

You called it. :9:

I've changed my tune on Robinson since the beginning of the year.

His speed isn't as bad as I thought and He might have the best release off of the LOS of any receiver other than Watkins, Evans and Adams.

Really, now? I seem to recall you throwing some shade on the notion.:scratch:

Thanks for coming around. :hihi:

Really, now? I seem to recall you throwing some shade on the notion.:scratch:

Thanks for coming around. :hihi:

Hey, I gave you credit.

I really stuck my foot in my mouth. :footinmouth::whiteflag1:

I try not to make snap judgements on players but once I really went back and looked at his film I realized he is one of the most dominant intermediate-range receivers in this draft and would be perfect for more west coast routes.

BTW, he ran a 4.48 at his pro day.

A friend of mine who is a Penn State fan says that he's got a great work ethic, very underrated receiver.

I used to be a huge Penn State fan before all that happened. I still keep up with them though and I've watched Robinson's entire career. I usually don't make bold statements about players in the draft because I haven't watched them enough to have a well informed opinion. But when it comes to Allen Robinson, don't be surprised if he has the best career of any WR in this draft class. And yes that includes Mr. Watkins.

The dropoff from round 1 O-line and CB is much steeper than WR.

Agreed. While CB is deep, there is a bigger gap in talent level between the top 4 or 5 and the rest of the field. With the receivers, the top 10-15 guys are all very similar in potential.

I've come around to this guy in the past couple weeks. He's my #1 choice. (I'd like to trade out of round 1 anyway). His route running is pristine. Great hands. Could be the best WR in the Draft. All in on this signing!

Robinson or Moncreif in the 2nd and I'd be stoked.
Robinson is better at attacking the ball at it's highest point, but Moncreif has better speed. Can't go wrong with either one.

Allen Robinson is going late first early second round. Kid is a stud, little mix between Colston and boldin

Allen Robinson is going late first early second round. Kid is a stud, little mix between Colston and boldin

This is my thinking too, he is no longer flying under the radar...I would be 100% fine with him as our 1st rounder.

Meh.

Slow. Slow in and out of his cuts. Catches the ball with his body for nearly all of his receptions. Rarely extends. Drops easy receptions. I don't see what is so special about Robinson. I don't see him as a potential contributor in 2014, and I'd be pretty unhappy if we took him in the 1st. We would be heavily reaching to take him at 27; there is sure to be much better talent available at other positions(such as Jason Verrett).

Even in the 2nd, I'd prefer Abbrederis, Matthews, or Moncreif in that order.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom