Alley Broussard in TX vs. Nation game... (1 Viewer)

Why? I have seen Auburn fans, South Alabama fans, Tennessee fans, Arkansas fans, Ohio State fans, etc. all post about their players.

There will always be a large LSU contingent on this forum. You are not required to respond to any of the threads regarding LSU players, however you might want to peruse the rosters of the two Superbowl teams this year and take notice of the schools that produced the talent that put them there.

Get over yourself.

For the record, Ally Broussard would probably have been posted about on this forum regardless of school. He's most likely going to shine in this All-Star game and people are going to be watching to see who they would like to see play for the Saints. He was also coached by one of the Admins/Mods of this site.

Sure it is alright, but to an extent. When people start saying we should look at Steltz to replace a developing well Harper or Hester to replace a young talented Karney, it is simply known as homerism.

I welcome people who can create a thread and then analyze the player because LSU or whatever is the college team he observes the most. But when people just start a thread/post because this guy did alright at LSU, and it happens all the time, it is homerism.

Notice how he started the thread with "this guy went to LSU"?

I don't think we're allowed to talk any players from Louisiana, or states adjacent to Louisiana, either. Especially if we see them on TV more than once a year. No LSU, Tulane or other player from one of these states has ever done anything in the NFL or for the Saints, in particular. LSU players have been washouts in the NFL all the way back to Y. A. Tittle, and Steve van Buren. We shouldn't consider them. I mean, what did Jimmy Taylor do in the NFL? Nothing. Eric Martin do anything as a Saint? Nope. Dalton Hilliard? PSshhh.

/sarcasm

I don't think Alley Brousard is a high character guy, like this staff prefers, though. Honestly, I wouldn't want him.

Last edited:
Alley Broussard didn't quit LSU to rap, he left LSU because he never felt his knee was healing right (first real injury he ever had to deal with and it was a doozy) and he was getting passed over in the depth chart because he was timid in practice. Maybe some time off has given him some trust in his knee? He looked like he was growing into something fierce at LSU before the injury, but running backs are a dime a dozen so any "late round flyer" is better left as an undrafted rookie free agent.

Broussard is a local kid and people are going to talk about local kids on here. Its also pretty natural that there willl be more chatter on here about LSU kids since the saints are a Louisiana team and a national champion team at that.

Beyond that, Alley Broussard was coached by Andrus as a youngster so that right there gives him boardworthiness.

I dont see a comaprison to Cecil Collins except that they are both big running backs who may not reach their potential(for differnet reasons). Broussard hurt a knee and then gained weight. He got caught up in a numbers game at LSU and left when it was clear he wouldnt get enuf playing time. His motivation is an issue because of his weight gain.

If his knee is healthy and if he is in playing shape, he is worth a look by the Saints or anyone else looking for a big running back with speed and power.

forgive me for my post supposedly being in the wrong place???!!! first of all, i'm not an lsu homer, i enjoy watching the team but never went to school there and the reason why i brought it up was b/c it was a recognizable name from a local area mentioned IN RELATION TO THE SAINTS DRAFT...also check your roster over the past few seasons, don't we have a tendency to bring in guys for a look see from schools such as grambling, southern, n/s/e/w la schools, etc. again, i consider myself a draftnik and i posted it only in relation to the saints prospects. BTW, didn't mean to offend your sensitivities...

not sure if this has been posted yet, but former LSU tiger Alley Broussard (who transferred to Missouri Southern) will be playing in the upcoming Texas vs. the Nation game. Supposedly he's been running tough in practice. What do ya guys think, seventh round flyer/ undrafted free agent pickup by the Saints (would be worth a look for our in-between-the-tackles runner) or is he the reincarnation of Cecil "the Deisel" Collins???!!!!!

His knees are shot, he'd never make it through camp.

I feel for him, he had a promising career in front of him, but it was all taken away in an instant during his first knee scope.

That's why they make you sign that waiver.

:(

Broussard is a local kid and people are going to talk about local kids on here. Its also pretty natural that there willl be more chatter on here about LSU kids since the saints are a Louisiana team and a national champion team at that.

Beyond that, Alley Broussard was coached by Andrus as a youngster so that right there gives him boardworthiness.

I dont see a comaprison to Cecil Collins except that they are both big running backs who may not reach their potential(for differnet reasons). Broussard hurt a knee and then gained weight. He got caught up in a numbers game at LSU and left when it was clear he wouldnt get enuf playing time. His motivation is an issue because of his weight gain.

If his knee is healthy and if he is in playing shape, he is worth a look by the Saints or anyone else looking for a big running back with speed and power.

You beat me to the "coached by Andrus" post. Even if this wasn't the case, Broussard had good success in his early college seasons makes him a player of interest. And that is what we are talking about this time of year - free agents, possible draft picks, sleepers and possible undrafted free agents. I'm no LSU homer, but the homer rants and accusations are off base. Thanks to the OP for the thread.

Acadiana High School is in Lafayette, Louisiana. There are other fans of Alley (the former--I know) besides just LSU fans.

In fact I don't know which are more bothersome: the posters who want ANYTHING LSU or the ones who automatically assume that is the case and incessantly point it out.

Why wouldn't we want to at least give a Louisiana product a shot? If it's a FA sign up it's a win/win.

His knees are shot, he'd never make it through camp. :(
I know this is a biased source, but Alley said that his knees are fine. It's his weight that was the issue and he's getting that under control.

Personally, I feel that his confidence was as big of an issue as the weight.

Acadiana High School is in Lafayette, Louisiana. There are other fans of Alley (the former--I know) besides just LSU fans.

In fact I don't know which are more bothersome: the posters who want ANYTHING LSU or the ones who automatically assume that is the case and incessantly point it out.

Why wouldn't we want to at least give a Louisiana product a shot? If it's a FA sign up it's a win/win.

oops got in a hurry... pointing out the obvious...

I know this is a biased source, but Alley said that his knees are fine. It's his weight that was the issue and he's getting that under control.

Personally, I feel that his confidence was as big of an issue as the weight.

I was not privy to 1st hand info, but have no reason to doubt the person I heard it from. Who was in the OR during his first Scope.

It's possible that he's had some corrective work done, but the way I heard it, his knee will never be what it once was. He might feel good at time but the daily rigors of an NFL or football life in general would bring out the problem.

But I'm not a doctor.

Even lsu fans don't care about Broussard. He quit football to rap. Now he's playing football again?
That's just a completely ignorant post and not true at all. He had a falling out with Miles and chose to transfer. Please come up with some facts or even something remotely not ignorant next time.

The saddest part of this post is if he had never gone to LSU this wouldn't have ever been posted.

He went to Acadiana and carried that team for three years. I happen to like this guy, just like Jake Delhomme and B. Stokley because they are from our local area not LSU. Wake up man. I also really enjoy watching Kevin Faulk play...not because he went to LSU but also because he was an ALL STATE RUNNING BACK at Carencro. Its so sad that you pull the "LSU HOMER" card everytime something like this comes up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom