alltime bust team (1 Viewer)

Tootie Robbins. He should have been arrested for theft.
Exactly. Cam was nice when he was healthy. And that's a huge compliment considering how terrible our offense was back then. Not to even mention the QBs

WR: Albert "I stole your money" Connell, Onome "Next Randy Moss" Ojo
LB: Sedrick Hodge
QB: Danny Awful
RB: Wilmont Perry, Troy Davis
TE: Boo Williams
SS: Josh Bullocks
OL: Darrell "Turnstile" Terrell ( I got banned from here from going ham on this guy)
I don't have any film on hand, but Wilmont Perry wasn't bad at all. From what I recall, he was a very hard runner. Someone once mentioned that he didn't digest the playbook pretty well.
Boo Williams was talented, but disappeared after the offense attempted to feature him and Conwell as a two TE package.

You can make a list with 1st or 2nd round picks at every position who ended up being absolute basura. I won’t do it cause it’s too depressing.

Rick "WHAT THE H-E-double hockey stick" Leonard...!!!!! That was a wasted pick.........who let the bong into the draft room for that one?

QB: Garrett Grayson
RB: Vaun Dunbar
WR1: Wesley Carroll
WR2: Robert Meachem
TE: Cam Cleeland
OT: Rick Leonard
OG: Chris Naeole
C: Andy Alleman

EDGE/DE: Davis Tull
DT: Jonathan Sullivan
LB: Stephone Anthony
CB: Stanley Jean-Baptiste
S: Josh Bullocks

#11 overall pick. P/PK Russell Erxlaben.
Yes, we drafted a kicker / punter with the 11 overall pick. That was two picks ahead of hall of famer Kellen Winslow.

Man I remember watching the 2003 draft... We traded up and I though for sure we were taking Marcus Trufant. An with the 6th pick the New Orleans Saints select Jonathan Sullivan. I broke my remote control.

In the way-back machine, but Richard Todd. All sizzle, no steak.

Also, any legendary retreads that had nothing left....Stabler, Earl Campbell, (Bum too, i suppose), Champ Bailey, Kreuz......

Kurt Coleman. I still don't understand this signing. He literally did nothing!

Shawn Knight

biggest. Bust. Ever.

Most of the newer fans here won’t know just how big a bust Knight was. In 1987 the Saints drafted Knight 11th overall in the first round. He’d had a successful career at BYU. His senior year he had 16 sacks from his DT spot. He reported late to Saints Training Camp which angered Mora and his staff. Then he got nicked up during drills and refused to practice saying “my Dad told me not to practice”. The truth was had he been anything less than a first round pick he would’ve been cut his first few weeks into camp. He dressed for 10 games with the Saints his rookie season and had zero tackles, zero sacks. After his rookie season he was traded to the Broncos for their 1988 first round bust, LB Ted Gregory. Gregory played three games for the Saints then blew out a knee and never played in the NFL again. Knight played with the Broncos one season, then one season for Cardinals, then he was out of the NFL completely. The 11th overall pick was out of the NFL after 3 seasons with zero tackles, zero sacks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom