Alltime favorite guitarists (1 Viewer)

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I know that this is subjective,but here is my alltime favorite guitarist list:
1) Randy Rhoads (he will always be the best to me)
2)EVH
3)Ace Frehley ( I was a huge KISS fan when I was growing up )
4)Everybody else

Who are your alltime favorites?

Big Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray and Satriani fan...few others not already named
Ritchie Blackmore
Alex Lifeson
Roy Clark

Hendrix - Basically reinvented the instrument - one of the 2 or 3 greatest musical innovators of this century

Jeff Beck - Such an incredible musician - can play anything and make it his own

Jimmy Page - Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy player in so many ways - but another real innovator

Van Halen - Another great innovator - He didn't really invent the whole tapping thing but he popularized it - very experimental, especially in his younger days

Chet Atkins - Possibly the greatest technical player of all time

Doc Watson - Such an amazing bluegrass picker

Michael Hedges - Reinvented the acoustic guitar - wonderful stuff

Joe Pass - I just love his jazz chord melodies

B.B. King - Blues Master - soooooo tasty

Johnny Winter - He was my first real influence as a guitarist - Not an innovator or icon at the level of the above but still a great player

Blackmore - Another really good technical player and a lot of fun to listen to

Steve Morse - One of the few guys on the planet that I still listen to and think "How they hell does he do that!?"

Eric Johnson - So clean and tasty

Steve Vai - Pretty outside - a lot of fun - I love his tone

Satriani - Funny - I really don't like his studio stuff that much but his live stuff from YouTube is fantastic - go figure

Joe Bonamossa - At first, I was a little cold on JB. He didn't seem to be doing anything better than anyone else. He's grown on me. He isn't tremendously innovative or anything, he's just really, really, good at what he does do and his music is infinitely listenable. I love Vai and Satriani for their playing - I love Bonamossa for his music overall.

Monte Montgomery - Plays an acoustic like it's an electric (distortion and all) - great player to boot

Brad Paisley - Really nice country player - not incredible or anything but still pretty good really tasteful

Tommy Emmanuel - perhaps the best guitarist living today - in terms of being able to play almost any style and do it very, very well.

Johnny Hiland - He's not just country but that is is mainstay - man, this guy can play.

Les Claypool(bass is a guitar)
Larry Lalonde
Tom Morello
Dimebag Darrell

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom