Alltime favorite guitarists (1 Viewer)

Stevie Ray, Hendrix, Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck, John McLaughlin in no particular order.

I'm a drummer, but I still have my favorite guitarists list. :)

Dimebag Darrell
Dave Mustaine
Rob Arnold (formerly of Chimaira)
Dan Gapen (Lazarus A.D.)

1. Randy Rhodes 2. Zakk Wylde 3. Willy Adler

Woo! I'll include Mark Morton and these three as well. :9:

Haha, I love Lamb of God. Chris Adler's my favorite drummer and biggest influence. :)

Adrian Smith, Dave Murray & Janick Gers (Iron Maiden), Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Randy Rhoads (Ozzy) & Hank Shermann (Mercyful Fate), just to name a few. I could go on forever.

Other 'heavier' Metal guitarists that I need to show some love for...
Eric Meyer - Dark Angel
Dino Cazares - Fear Factory
Gary Holt - Exodus
King & Hanneman - Slayer
There's just too many to continue.

Forgot about Rick Emmet and Mark Knopfler. Knopfler and Chet Atkins, who someone mentioned earlier did an album together some time ago thats fan freakin tastic

I see a lot of blues fans in here; it makes me feel comfortable. Here's my input, one of the best live blues "dueling guitar" vids I ever found. It would by definition include BB (lol) and a "young "upstart".

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/iUaevnP1LLg?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="450" frameborder="0" height="338"></iframe>

joe satriani is an amazing player but the dude cant write a riff to save his soul. the greatest guitar player in the world doesnt mean **** to me if he cant write a good song

All those guys are lead guitarists, but name 1 guy who has created more bad assery than James Hetfield. The guys fingers define an entire genre of music. Sure the Petrucci's and EVH and SRVs of the world might have been better technical players but none of them have produced the number of recognizable riffs as Hetfield.

Perfect example, listen at 3:15 of Damage, Inc.

Peter Green (B.B. King: "The only guitar player I've ever heard who can make me sweat")
Roy Buchanan
Ritchie Blackmore
Andres Segovia
Duane Allman

joe satriani is an amazing player but the dude cant write a riff to save his soul. the greatest guitar player in the world doesnt mean **** to me if he cant write a good song

i agree...i saw him live and his music is incredibly boring

Definitely; I was going to include Dino but I couldn't remember how to spell his last name and I was too lazy to look it up. LOL.

Lol. I guess I won't be ashamed to add Andreas from Sepultura then since I have no idea of his last name....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom