Almost a week later (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
what have you've accomplished...in franchise, online, ultimate team, anything...

I went 13-3 in season 1 of franchise losing to Vikings, Steelers, and Falcons urg 3 teams I can't stand.

Just beat the 'Skins 34-17 in the divisonal round now getting set to play the Packers in the Championship game.

Played one online game, I don't play a lot because I pretty much suck and get mad at people like the only guy I played who decided to run the same 3 plays that just tortured my D no matter what I did. He beat me with the Vikes like 36-22 or something. One thing that was funny at one point in the game it said Farve was 8 for 7 passing lol.

and I just took that oppurtunity to take my worst *** whipping losing to the Pack 24-7....choked under pressure. Decided to kickoff when I won the toss which I rarely do, Packers scored a TD on their first drive. Had a 4th and 2 on my first drive at mid-field decided to go for it and didn't make it. Down 14-0 before I knew what hit me. 14-7 at half get the ball and driving, Drew fumbles the ball away and that was pretty much all she wrote. Stupid mistakes. Well on to season 2.

Heh... still hesitant to try online play myself. I started a Franchise on pro as I had never played Madden before and I think I made a mistake. That or rushing the ball is ridiculously easy in this game and the Falcons have no defense worth mentioning. Beat them with some absurd 98 to 6 score (15 minute quarters) by force feeding the ball to Reggie. That was probably being cheesy (I didn't throw a single pass in that game I think) but it felt justified against the Falcons.

Still can't figure out how to do quick substitutions during a game (or whether that was even possible). Starting to get the hang of passing a little bit and dropped the quarters down to 5~7 minutes. Just beat the Cowboys 24-10 for the Thanksgiving game and looking to do what the Patriots couldn't, heh.

I tried ultimate team and it seemed like it would be too much stress. I started making a quick spreadsheet on how to maximize coin gain and tossed the whole idea out the window. Sitting around playing against a cpu with the sliders all down with an all-bronze team seems kinda stupid. Disappointed to hear that revamping franchise mode isn't until next year though. They should just take NFL Heach Coach 09 and fix the bugs and I'd be ecstatic. It feels weird not being able to write plays, develop a coaching staff, etc.

You can adjust the difficulty sliders in custom difficulty. That way if you are dominating the run game you can make it harder on yourself but keep the level the same for passing if its about right for you. One thing I would do is switch the quater lengths to 5 or 7 minutes with 15-20 second run off time that will give you more realistic stats and game scores.

To make subs in the game you can do diffrent packages by using the right analog stick during play calling. In gameflow you won't be able to do it, at least I haven't found a way. I use gameflow for defense, but call my own plays on offense. That's also with 360, I'm guessing the same is true for PS3 with using the right analog.

By "during play calling" do you mean when I pull up the playbook or do I have to have gameflow set to off?

I'm pretty good against the CPU on All-Pro, but decided to jump to All Madden, but can't tackle the opposing RB worth a damn. Seems they always end up with a 150+ yard rusher on their team and end up scoring 30+ points.

By "during play calling" do you mean when I pull up the playbook or do I have to have gameflow set to off?

When you pull the playbook up. I play my games with "gameflow" but when I'm on offense I hit the X button on 360 to bring up my playbook. Then I search for plays by formation and when I wanna use formation subs I use the right analog stick to change it. I only change between Bush and Thomas. If you have thomas starting and want to use Bush change the formation sub to HB sub or Spell HB. Or vice versa if you wanna switch from Bush to Thomas. Hopefully that helps.

I'm pretty good against the CPU on All-Pro, but decided to jump to All Madden, but can't tackle the opposing RB worth a damn. Seems they always end up with a 150+ yard rusher on their team and end up scoring 30+ points.

Dude I did the same thing. I was destroying the computer on All-Pro so I took it up a notch to All Madden. Then all of a sudden the CPU receivers are breaking tackles against my D-linemen.

4 madden moments left? wow. i just did the gradkowski shines one. i have them all completed up to that one, so maybe halfway?

I've gone from being a Madden virgin noob to playing All Pro level, using Ask Madden formations and playcalls, with the ability to audible, which I often do.

Before I mess with any of the sliders or other adjustments or doing franchise, I'm going to work my way through beating all the other teams at least once in exhibition.

I'm still mastering moves, shakes and jukes...jumps, spins and dives, etc. Not there yet.

Wifey, after watching a quarter of play: "You know, you could really learn something about football playing this game."

Currently 5-0 on all pro but barely winning each time. I score mid 30's to 40's but give up almost the same. Pass defense is terrible!!! Almost half way done with madden moments. I also tried the ultimate team thing but i'm 0-2 because my team is about as bad as possible.

I'm 7-1 so far in my first season. Put up 40+ in the first 5 games, then lost to the Bucs (I know I know) then had a hard fought game against the Browns, again I know. I handled the Steelers pretty good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom