Tweet/s Alontae Taylor is highest graded rookie defender thru first two weeks. (1 Viewer)

And I was SO sure this guy was a reach. Him and Werner.... maybe it's a good thing im not a scout!
Me too. And it is a very small sample size, still encouraging to see.

I am already eating crow about Werner and look forward to doing the same about Taylor.

Me too. And it is a very small sample size, still encouraging to see.

I am already eating crow about Werner and look forward to doing the same about Taylor.
I was super excited about Werner from the start. I watched numerous OSU games while he was there, and there was always another LB or defender that the analysts would hype more, but Werner was the guy that was in on every tackle and making plays and calls. He stood out.

Taylor was baffling when they took him. He wasn’t even on my radar at that point, but he did look promising in the real game snaps I saw him take… Too bad he immediately got hurt though.

Small sample size. Don't always agree with PFF grades. But his progress thus far has certainly exceeded my expectations. And yes, I was one who did not care for the pick when made.

He is almost a carbon copy replacement for CJGJ. Their college film is identical. They were the matchup piece that played where they were needed in college. CJ was a steal at his draft price and Taylor was a bit more expensive but just as valuable. These are guys that played a ton of snaps at a high level against cream of the crop college WRs.

I’m really sad we didn’t get to see Smoke Monday. I think he was going to be a steal.

Typical Saints luck…Player balls out, gets hurt and misses the rest of the season (not saying that Taylor is out for the season)

He is almost a carbon copy replacement for CJGJ. Their college film is identical. They were the matchup piece that played where they were needed in college. CJ was a steal at his draft price and Taylor was a bit more expensive but just as valuable. These are guys that played a ton of snaps at a high level against cream of the crop college WRs.

I’m really sad we didn’t get to see Smoke Monday. I think he was going to be a steal.
Agreed on all but the attitude.

Also sad about Smoke too, think he was gonna be special same as you said.

Small sample size. Don't always agree with PFF grades. But his progress thus far has certainly exceeded my expectations. And yes, I was one who did not care for the pick when made.
Happiness = Production(Reality) - Production(expectations)

Ruiz is a 1st round pick who has looked pretty bad his first few seasons. Poor production and high expectations equals disappointment.

But now he’s playing ok…and expectations couldn’t be lower. So the result is that we are pleasantly surprised.

Agreed on all but the attitude.

Also sad about Smoke too, think he was gonna be special same as you said.
What people don't understand is yes he was graded as a 4th rounder maybe low 3rd. But the Saints wanted him and he wasn't going to be around in the 5th. Had there not been a run at WR in draft and if Olave would have fallen to us and we keep our picks my guess the Saints would have gotten him where he was slotted. So I don't blame Loomis for making that call

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom