Alontae Taylor - Worth the high pick? (1 Viewer)

I was one that scratched my head when we drafted him in the 2nd round. But watching him step in for Latt. while he's been injured, I have been impressed to say the least. Taylor in my eyes was worth the 2nd round pick. I would like to see him, Latt. and Adebo all on the field at the same time. I don't know if Taylor has ever played the slot before, but I would like to see what he can do there while Lattimore and Adebo play on the boundary. With those three on the field, I think that could by us a little more time for the D-Line to pressure the QB and get some sacks and some dang turnovers.

Last edited:
Again for the millionth time, this is not Madden you can't take a player and put him somewhere. Adebo is not a slot CB, but maybe Alontae Taylor can play there. I usually wouldn't want a corner his size playing there but he has the speed to play there.

CB1 Lattimore (Evans) CB2 Adebo (Jones) Slot Taylor (Godwin)

Taylor would best be served playing Godwin who only runs 1 route, that crosser.
First off DO NOT MENTION MADDEN IF YOUR NOT TRYING TO GET WUTH THE STICKS.

Are you saying this based on the game matchup or your madden gm skills? Taylor is a Better outside than Adebo right now. They both have different techniques Adebo plays Tight and can recover when the WR seperates he gets routed up often cus He gets caught peeking he recovers to make a play but a little more coachibg and time on techniqurand still gets hm hmmed on double moves. Taylor plays tight and smothers in coverage. Not too handsy good change of direction and closes in on the ball almost immediatley it he hasnt already slapped it away. I give Taylor the nod because hes correcting the mistakes he makes weekely and doesbt remake them the next game. I'll take my chances with Taylor locking up Julio he erased Hopkins until they started moving him to match him on Harris. With 2 Corners strapped outside the interior of the defense which should be a strength should force more TOs.

Last edited:
I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t care what draft pick the Saints use on a player. I just hope they hit on as many players as possible. If they can get two starters from each draft, then I personally am satisfied with the draft.

I would say Alontae falls into that category and he’s a corner, so the team may actually keep him past his rookie deal unlike the safety position.

Came here for a helping of crow. He is way better than I had him. He plays man and tackles way better than he did in college. This is one of those situations where the player got better from college to the pros.
Ditto

They hit big time on him. When Latt is back and healthy he will really benefit….Agree with the idea of Adebo at S…..

Of course A. Taylor was worth the 2nd....he's got all the right attributes of a DB, confident, athletic, and smart. I can see him potentially making Lattimore expendable in the near future (2 years from now).

Yes. I'm glad we got him. He's got a lot of potential. Scrappy and a fast closer. Not afraid to hit or go up against elite players like Adams. I've been impressed with his play as a rookie.

First off DO NOT MENTION MADDEN IF YOUR NOT TRYING TO GET WUTH THE STICKS.

Are you saying this based on the game matchup or your madden gm skills? Taylor is a Better outside than Adebo right now. They both have different techniques Adebo plays Tight and can recover when the WR seperates he gets routed up often cus He gets caught peeking he recovers to make a play but a little more coachibg and time on techniqurand still gets hm hmmed on double moves. Taylor plays tight and smothers in coverage. Not too handsy good change of direction and closes in on the ball almost immediatley it he hasnt already slapped it away. I give Taylor the nod because hes correcting the mistakes he makes weekely and doesbt remake them the next game. I'll take my chances with Taylor locking up Julio he erased Hopkins until they started moving him to match him on Harris. With 2 Corners strapped outside the interior of the defense which should be a strength should force more TOs.
Wow. My English teacher is rolling over in her grave. 😊

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom