Already below the radar (1 Viewer)

SEAKING

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
can you blame him? You'd have to be out of your mind to think the Saints were top 5 contenders after they stunk it up this year, especially on defense.

Why would they be? I mean Clayton would have to be off his rocker to put the Saints in the top 5. I mean who could we beat with out current roster?

Pats..........nope.
Chargers.....nope.
Colts.......nope.
Giants.......nope.
Packers....nope.
Steelers......nope.

That's six without even thinking much about it.

I think our O is top 5 but we need some major overhauling on the other side of the ball.
Make it happen Loomis.......and let's make a run at it.

Are we top five to win our division?

Sadly, even with a great offseason, Deuce, McKenzie, Meachem healthy, drafting well like CB Jenkins, MLB Lofton, DT Moore, and picking up FA's like Briggs, the Saints still would only be on the edge of the top 5. Of course, that would be nice and fun to watch. Especially with what actually will happen.

Sadly, even with a great offseason, Deuce, McKenzie, Meachem healthy, drafting well like CB Jenkins, MLB Lofton, DT Moore, and picking up FA's like Briggs, the Saints still would only be on the edge of the top 5. Of course, that would be nice and fun to watch. Especially with what actually will happen.

if all that would happen i think we'd be in the top five. i believe we would have been in the playoffs if mckenzie and colston wouldnt have been hurt the last two games.

Even with a spetacular draft, until those rooks make an impact on the field, they will remain on the outside of the Top 5. Probably still outside the Top 5 if they have an awesome FA period. The Saints have to prove it on the field. Paper no longer is a feasible option for an optimisitc outlook.

NFC is wide open. We could definitely be a contender if we have a strong FA and draft.

Dallas/Romo has yet to win a playoff game, and we don't know if Favre will be back....although Rogers showed us against the Cowboys that they might just be OK without him...

Geesh!, I never said we should be in the top five, only the fact that we will not be predicted to "Win" the superbowl. Were the Giants even mentioned to be in the playoffs this year? We won't be in the spotlight as in the beginning last year and that should ease the pressure.

LOL, John Clayton, the great bubble head has spoken.

/I'm sure the Giants weren't in the great bubble heads top 5 last season either.

LOL, John Clayton, the great bubble head has spoken.

/I'm sure the Giants weren't in the great bubble heads top 5 last season either.

Clayton's a tool. Now that free agency is coming up we'll get to hear him talk about "negosiations!"

We could and will be in the playoff picture if we just improve our defense a little. Being under the radar worked in 06 so let's hope it works again.

Hmmm......not picking a 7-9 team that faded down the stretch with major holes on Defense as a top five projection is a completely safe bet. In fact when the projections come out that breakdown the NFC South I won't be shocked if the majority read like this -

1st - Buccaneers they won the division last year, Garcia's had a year in the system, Kiffen re signed so their D will continue to be good

2nd - Panthers Delhomme will be back with a healthy Steve Smith, revamped OL, Peppers and the rest of the DL had a down year so they'll bounce back.

3rd - Saints so much offensive talent so little defensive talent. Faded down the stretch with the playoffs on the line

4th - Falcons beginning a long rebuilding process.

Not that I agree with it, I just fully expect to read it soon........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom