Alvin Kamara’s Game with Taysom (1 Viewer)

It definitely seemed like the falcons plan was to make Taysom beat them with his arm. They were all over AK like they expected him to be a huge part of the gameplan. The problem was that SP knew they would think that.

tenor.gif

I know you don't save players in this league, but part of me is happy we were able to win with a limited Kamara role. The falcons play dirty, just like the 49ers, and if we went heavy on Kamara, which they were clearly keying on stopping him first, they would have been dirty on him all game. You saw them grabbing for his foot and whatever they could early on.

Denvers Run Defense is hapless Kamara is probably going go go off on Sunday. Or if they do focus on containing Kamara it opens things up for the other Saints playmakers. That is what makes Kamara truely dangerous, he can beat you without touching the ball.

Atlanta was completely sold out to stop Kamara. A good reason why the wildcat wasn’t working. He was effective as a decoy. Denver may play him the same way. It’s pick your poison with the Saints. Can’t stop everyone.
It's such a funny thing, I know we yell, The ONE guy we needed to stop, when Julio -- or lately Calvin Ridley -- gets past us. But also, Tampa Bay sold out to stop Aaron Donald ... and they did. But the Rams beat them.
Such a fine line to STOP THAT ONE GUY but then seemingly forget other guys can make plays, too, when it's a deep team. But Atlanta really just does have that ONE guy. I fully expect to beat Denver, but maybe the game won't look like we expect it to look like.

The Saints ran a lot more play action with Taysom than they were running with Drew b/c Taysom has the arm to throw deep. Drew's game has become much more horizontal, with most throws being within ten yards of the LOS, which favors a player like AK. However, AK can run routes as well as almost any WR, so I expect to see him getting more involved in the intermediate to long passing game as Payton develops the offense for what Taysom can do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom