Article Alvin Kamara’s heartfelt message to Mark Ingram: ‘I’m forever grateful’ (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
dabe.png

By Christopher Dabe - NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara shared a heartfelt message via Instagram to departing teammate Mark Ingram, calling him “my brother for life.”

Ingram, whose eight-year stint with the Saints ended when he became a free agent Wednesday, will join the Baltimore Ravens on a three-year, $15 million deal.

“I hope y’all don’t think gon stop!! My brother for life," Kamara wrote in the social media post. "I’m not een talkin bout football. Dude kicked game to me bout how to stand tall through the bull and how to stay grounded when you on top of the world. Never once complained. Poured everything he had into me and for that I’m forever grateful. Probably the smoothest first 2 years an NFL player has ever had and I owe a lot of it to you brother. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”

Full Story - NOLA.com

Good read from Chris Dabe.

I watched the interview in the link, and it concerns me. Ingram exudes leadership, while Kamara seems uncomfortable. Kamara didn't need to be a leader with Ingram there, but how will he handle having the spotlight next season?

I watched the interview in the link, and it concerns me. Ingram exudes leadership, while Kamara seems uncomfortable. Kamara didn't need to be a leader with Ingram there, but how will he handle having the spotlight next season?

Kamara will be fine.

He is shy, and he is highly intelligent.

He knows and understands the big picture.

Losing a guy we cheered for many years is always tough, but AK is about to explode on the field.

It is very difficult when a close colleague leaves. This situation should never have arisen IMHO. And that makes it doubly sad.

The interviews I've seen of Kamara, he's very sharp. Not a "rah, rah" guy, but a different kind of leader. He'll be fine.

dabe.png

By Christopher Dabe - NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara shared a heartfelt message via Instagram to departing teammate Mark Ingram, calling him “my brother for life.”

Ingram, whose eight-year stint with the Saints ended when he became a free agent Wednesday, will join the Baltimore Ravens on a three-year, $15 million deal.

“I hope y’all don’t think gon stop!! My brother for life," Kamara wrote in the social media post. "I’m not een talkin bout football. Dude kicked game to me bout how to stand tall through the bull and how to stay grounded when you on top of the world. Never once complained. Poured everything he had into me and for that I’m forever grateful. Probably the smoothest first 2 years an NFL player has ever had and I owe a lot of it to you brother. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”

Full Story - NOLA.com

Good read from Chris Dabe.

I am still SMH at the Saints for letting MI go!

[sigh]

Kamara is not your "marine infantry leader", but more intellectual and leads by example on and hopefully off the field. No doubt that all players respect him.
We should get concerned when Brees retires. Now that is leadership!!

I’m sorry but I’m mad. Ingram was worth every penny and more to this team. I’m never getting over this. I really thought he would retire a saint. Well at least we signed Teddy Bridgewater, he will help us win this year ?
It's been a terrible off season just based on those two decisions alone. Go get a backup QB for $3 million and sign Ingram. It was an easy decision.

We dropped the ball.

You Bridgewater fans enjoy watching him carry a clipboard for $7.5 million dollars while Ingram flourishes in Baltimore and Murray struggles behind a less than stellar offensive line.

The locker room will never be the same without Ingram.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom