Alvin Kamara is [reported to be] holding out (MERGED with associated reports about trade) (1 Viewer)

Chadzilla

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Per Schefter

Saints' RB Alvin Kamara has had an unexcused absence from training camp the past three days and it is believe to be contract related, per sources.

Last edited:
If he's holding out, he should at least be professional enough to communicate that directly to the staff. They shouldn't have to guess.

I would think he has. I mean, if you don't tell them you are sitting out until you get a new contract is it really a hold out for a new contract?

Heck of a time to do so. I understand this is a business, but this move has the potential to alter our plans, especially considering that he's a Huge part of the offense. This almost guarantees a roster spot for Ty Montgomery.

According to Underhill they have been working on it for awhile. Maybe they reached an impasse and this is his attempt to break the impasse. It's not ideal for the team, but players seldom have the leverage so I don't blame him for using it when he has it. I'm sure the team wouldn't hesitate to release him if they felt he wasn't playing up to the level of his contract. As you said, it's business.

If he had, w
I would think he has. I mean, if you don't tell them you are sitting out until you get a new contract is it really a hold out for a new contract?
Maybe. "Unexcused absense" to the untrained ear (mine, lol) sounds like he just no call, no showed.

According to Underhill they have been working on it for awhile. Maybe they reached an impasse and this is his attempt to break the impasse. It's not ideal for the team, but players seldom have the leverage so I don't blame him for using it when he has it. I'm sure the team wouldn't hesitate to release him if they felt he wasn't playing up to the level of his contract. As you said, it's business.
Right. To an extent I don't blame him. Last year (even though he was hurt) his value did take a dip, so if another injury happened, that would hurt even more of getting a nice contract.

On one hand I don't blame him... He has earned a raise.... On the other hand... The timing of this seems completely off, and I feel like we are missing a lot of the story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom