Alvin Kamara Report: Saints on the clock after McCaffery's Record Contract (1 Viewer)

Texans gave away D. Hopkins for D. Johnson... I would take D Hop for this AK situation we we find ourselves in, in a heartbeat.

As much as I <3 him...Year 1 & 2 AK41 is one thing, I know he was hurt a lot of the time but last season def did him no favors imo. This side of football just sucks sometimes. I think he still misses his BFF MI22 ? (I do too.)

:sir-saint:

They are.

Le'Veon Bell
E. Elliott
S. Barkley
D. Johnson (pre-injury)
Kenyan Drake
Tarik Cohen
Todd Gurly (pre-knees)
James White

That's just off the top of my head
Le'Veon Bell - you saw him last season, right? 3.2 YPC, and he's being paid a ton of money.
E. Elliott - being paid a ton of money.
S. Barkley - being paid a ton of money.
D. Johnson (pre-injury) - being paid a ton of money and hasn't done Kamara-like things for years.
Kenyan Drake - only began doing exceptionally well for the second 1/2 of the season after being traded.
Tarik Cohen - no.
Todd Gurley (pre-knees) - being paid a ton of money and is damaged goods.
James White - good pass catcher, far from as good of a runner.

I think Kamara is a very special player. Still, I certainly understand the argument against giving him a huge, new contract, but this only shows how difficult it would be to get a similar player for less money.

I rather buy low and extend him now instead of betting against kamara... Kamara has made a career with betting against himself and winning.

All it takes is for him to be healthy...

I think the Saints should let the situation play out and see how Kamara performs in 2020.

We better wait to see if he’s worth big money first. McCaffery is one of the best RBs in the game and deserves every penny. Kamara is one of the best weapons in the game. Hopefully he won’t hold out and he has a great fully healthy year tearing it up on the way to a super bowl ring. Wish we would of kept Ingram since they were boys cause he might be able to talk him out of a holdout.

This offense should be downright scary. Brees, Taysom, Kamara, Murray, Thomas, Sanders, Tre’Quan, Harris, Cook, & Hill is so much talent. Then hopefully we can bring in another young rookie receiver and either a tight end or back. I want to see Taysom get snaps at running back like he did I think once last year. I wouldn’t mind Taysom being our backup QB, 3rd back, 3rd TE, and 5th/6th WR. When you list him that way, what we really only need is a QB.

I would try to sign him to a deal (or extension) that the Saints could possibly get out of in two years. One of those Loomi$ specials.

We better wait to see if he’s worth big money first. McCaffery is one of the best RBs in the game and deserves every penny. Kamara is one of the best weapons in the game. Hopefully he won’t hold out and he has a great fully healthy year tearing it up on the way to a super bowl ring. Wish we would of kept Ingram since they were boys cause he might be able to talk him out of a holdout.

This offense should be downright scary. Brees, Taysom, Kamara, Murray, Thomas, Sanders, Tre’Quan, Harris, Cook, & Hill is so much talent. Then hopefully we can bring in another young rookie receiver and either a tight end or back. I want to see Taysom get snaps at running back like he did I think once last year. I wouldn’t mind Taysom being our backup QB, 3rd back, 3rd TE, and 5th/6th WR. When you list him that way, what we really only need is a QB.
Despite TH7 being listed as all of those positions, he’s still one player, designated as one position on any given play. So we still need a 3rd QB, 3rd TE, and WR.

If he doesn't hold out. I'm hoping we're able to get another back in the draft so he doesn't have any leverage.
That would 100% guarantee he goes to free agency. He's not gonna take a team leveraged deal over some outside team fawning over him willing to give him the world.

“New Orleans was a place I hadn’t been to. I’d never been to New Orleans until I got drafted to New Orleans. Just to be able to get to New Orleans, and have that city embrace me, just take me in, basically adopt me, man it’s amazing. There’s so much love there. It’s a dope city even outside of the football. It’s beautiful people, it’s lit, it’s a vibe.”

“If we’re talking about the football, I’ve never been around a group of guys like in New Orleans who just want to win, who just want to be there for each other, and be around each other.”

Sure sounds like a guy that's going to be a problem for a new deal. /sarcasm

If the Bengals were overly smitten with Kamara we could.

Kamara plus two first rounders would probably get the deal done. They could give us Bernard.
I think Kamara and 4 firsts does not get it done. Our firsts are always 20 somethings. Miami is gonna give them 3 firsts including no 5 for it. There is no way in hell Kamara and 2 of our firsts gets it done.

I don't know why there is so much speculation about this.

Right now, the saints have a clear number on how much they are willing to offer Alvin Kamara. The only thing we do not know is the offer of the extension will be made this or next year.

I don't think there will be a lot of negotiation. If they see a chance Alvin will accept the ballpark offer, then they will close it. But if the negotiation is beyond their budget, they will let him play out his contract and get a third round pick the year after he leaves.

In the worst case scenario, Alvin will play his last season and his replacement will be taken next year.

I do hope he see a lot of drama coming from the saints. If Ingram's and Bell's situation taught us something, is that we are working on a budget and we will not move much from it.

And to be honest, the big priority is Ryan Ramczyk, not Kamara.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom