Alvin Kamara skips last minicamp practice over contract dispute (No Guarantees in ‘25); Alvin Kamara is seeking an extension (1 Viewer)

The Belichick move would be to let him walk.

The Loomis move would be to pay him more and "screw 2028-29 the cap will be way higher then."

Yeah and now we know that the Belichick way only worked because he got lucky drafting Tom Brady in the 6th round and was forced to start him because Bledsoe got hurt.

I haven’t turned on Kamara. I don’t think anyone has here. There just isn’t a lot of value in paying a RB that is set to turn 30 soon. It sucks, but the RB position is a different animal from the rest. You get burned way more often than not. Hell, you generally get burned on contract number TWO, much less a third deal.

Sentimental value aside, it’s probably not a good idea to give him more money right now, purely from a business perspective.

I think there is a number that would make sense for the Saints. Probably around 2 years and $8 million per year. But, I'm not sure if it's a number that will make sense to Kamara. If it's not, I think he is overvaluing his position considering the contracts that Mixon and Henry just got. If he demands McCaffery money, I think he's gone. While I do think he is every bit as talented as McCaffery and I know the offense didn't help Kamara, but his numbers right now aren't close to McCaffery level. Beyond that, the 49ers are in a position to over pay for an older RB since they are in their Super Bowl window, but the Saints are not.

Some of us are Saints fans first. It aint about turning on people.. when they hold out... they are holding out on the Saints...........

The thing is that he's not even holding out yet. He walked out on the last day of minicamp after the walk through. So, he probably missed an hour or two at the most. This was a pretty minor way to try to put pressure on the front office in a situation where Kamara has no leverage as a 29 year old RB with essentially one year remaining on his contract.

If he doesn't show up for camp then things may change. But, at this point we don't even know what he is asking for or that he will hold out of camp.

Based on his history and he is a smart man, he knows his health is his most vauluable negotiating chip.. as he said on a podcast with Ingram and Jordan, holding out is a no brainer.

It would seem crazy if we extended a 29 year old RB. The fan in me wants to extend him two years. A compromise would be to give him some guaranteed money this year and sign him to a one year deal, for next year.

I think if they aren't going to extend him, they might as well move on from him and see what they have in Miller this year so they know if they need to draft another RB next year.

Personally, I'd like to see a 2 year extension worth around $8 million. But if the number is much higher than that, I don't the the Saints can do it in their current situation.

Dog listen to yourself. You’re talking about 32nd in the league lol. If he was top 15 maybe you’d have a point I guess
*sigh* why do I have to break on fools????

Ok let’s play that game. 32nd that INCLUDES WRs. Are you with me so far??? Cool, let’s go further. Exclude the WRs and he becomes 18th. 9 of those 17 RBs in front of him played all 17 games. That’s 4 more games than AK41. Advance his measly 53 yards a game (byproduct of PC’s offense) and he cracks the top 10 scrimmage yards amongst all RBs. Enjoy

Anything else I can help you with? I’m here for you.

Based on his history and he is a smart man, he knows his health is his most vauluable negotiating chip.. as he said on a podcast with Ingram and Jordan, holding out is a no brainer.

He might. But, I don't see how it's a smart move. I think the height of his value is what Mixon and Henry got. And, if he holds out this year and comes back in time to get credit for the year but does not play, then he's a 30 year-old free agent RB who sat out a year and didn't have a year to prove that his drop in stats was due to a bad offense not his own decline. I doubt he even gets Mixon or Henry money at that point.

I think the truth is that the Saints are likely to give him the most money of any team in the NFL. They know that his drop in production was more about scheme than a decline and, for good or bad, the Saints have been wiling to take care of their older players like Jordan and Demario.

For all those saying that AK41 is not the 2nd best RB and shouldn’t be paid like the 2nd best RB, remember this dude was 32nd (in the entire league) in scrimmage yards, while missing 3 games, and playing in the Stone Age PC offense. He’s one of only 3 guys on that list to play only 13 games as well. Let that sink:
In a 13 game season, while having a “down” year dude to our inability to even get a first down, this dude was still #32 in scrimmage yards. Also keep in mind that the list includes WRs, in a pass happy league as well.
To echo this point:

Last 2 seasons under Payton Kamara was a top 5 Running back in yards from scrimmage:

Kamara 2020.png

Kamara 2021.png

Then these last 2 seasons under Dennis Allen (and Pete Carmichael) He has been number 7 running back in yards per scrimmage:

Kamara 2022.png

Kamara 2024.png

So if you think that Pete Carmichael was ineffective at running the offense and that he did not use Kamara properly, you cant also say Kamara is not a top 5 running back. When you look at per game averages, he is one of the top 7 running backs in the league still, even after being mismanaged, just image what's going to happen when he gets to play for an innovative coach that will scheme to take advantage of his skillset.

Agree with everything else you said but Kamara just isn’t a top 5 RB in the league man. It’s ok to face facts
You did not provide a fact though.

Our running game has been unimaginative for the last few seasons, we barely try and get Kamara to the edge or open space and the play design is just him trying to create but mostly running up the backs of his lineman, in the passing game they give him dump offs when under CSP he was running intermediate routes by lining up in the slot, the guy just has not been utilized to his strengths as of recent as he's been used like a battering ram like he's Derrick Henry.

Then put AK in the 9ers backfield...
Nick Underhill made a good point. The yards before AK made first contact with the defense decreased to 1 yard. This means a DE and not a LB or Safety was his first contact. Thats why his yards dipped and broken tackles. This isnt specualtion this is a fact, as per league wide metrics.

*sigh* why do I have to break on fools????

Advance his measly 53 yards a game (byproduct of PC’s offense) and he cracks the top 10 scrimmage yards amongst all RBs. Enjoy

Oh you’re broke alright lol, I’ll admit you saying that does help. So take a dude who was 19th in APY, extend his yards in games he didn’t even play, and he’s still not top 5 as evidence he’s top 5.

Those who don’t watch ball using stats and they still can’t keep a coherent argument lmao. Thanks a lot broke boy :ROFLMAO:

Nick Underhill made a good point. The yards before AK made first contact with the defense decreased to 1 yard. This means a DE and not a LB or Safety was his first contact. Thats why his yards dipped and broken tackles. This isnt specualtion this is a fact, as per league wide metrics.
Excellent post. A lot of posters here seem to think everything happens in a vaccum.

You did not provide a fact though.

Our running game has been unimaginative for the last few seasons, we barely try and get Kamara to the edge or open space and the play design is just him trying to create but mostly running up the backs of his lineman, in the passing game they give him dump offs when under CSP he was running intermediate routes by lining up in the slot, the guy just has not been utilized to his strengths as of recent as he's been used like a battering ram like he's Derrick Henry.
It’s a fact if you can’t name me anything Kamara was top 5 in the league in. Extraordinary claims require at least basic evidence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom