Alvin Kamara skips last minicamp practice over contract dispute (No Guarantees in ‘25); Alvin Kamara is seeking an extension (1 Viewer)

He'll be 29 in a few weeks, and his best playing days seem behind him. I love him to death, but would be leery about an extension.
Ditto. He is one of our all-time greats but I would not extend a 29 year old RB. He missed a couple of games in 2022, 4 games in 2021, a couple in 2020. The drop off for a 30 yo RB is significant in most cases. He certainly doesn't have the explosion he had even 2-3 years ago. That said, he is still an exceptional player but you worry about durability.

I don't think this ends well. Maybe you give him a 1 year extension and see how this plays out. The vast majority ultimately come to their senses.

Ask Leveon Bell how sitting out a year worked for him. He was a top back. Sat out a year and within 2-3 years he was out of the league. He lost millions sitting out that year.

All we've heard for the past 9 months is that Pete Carmichael sucks, his offense lacked imagination, and the offensive line was terrible. But now we don't understand why Kamara had a down year? Put Kamara in the 49ers offense with the carries McCaffrey had and he has the same type of production.
I agree that Pete’s system was lame.

But AK has fallen off. He hasn’t looked like himself the past couple of seasons. It’s why the Saints drafted a RB in R3 in April.

But AK has fallen off. He hasn’t looked like himself the past couple of seasons. It’s why the Saints drafted a RB in R3 in April.

Lame offense and BAD offensive line play. Is there anything that can affect a RB's production more? Kamara didn't look different last year. He looked like he was running into a brick wall on obvious run plays because Carmichael lacked the imagination to do anything else on formations that announced it was a running play.

The Saints didn't draft Miller because Kamara had fallen off. They drafted a RB because they only had 2 RBs on the roster. Ingram had just finished playing his last season. Mark Ingram's retirement was imminent and Kamara was facing a not yet known lengthy suspension. They ended up starting the season with Williams and Miller, who ended up being hurt before the opener.

Before any complaints, I want unquestionably want AK41 back … That said, this guy might just be a good get with or without Kamara and I hope the Saints have been watching. Reminds me of someone 🤔🤔

I don't think this ends well. Maybe you give him a 1 year extension and see how this plays out. The vast majority ultimately come to their senses.

Agreed…especially with Mickey’s “I set a value and don’t budge much from it” style.

Kamara may be eyeing McCaffrey money while Mickey is watching all these “older but not old” backs signing for much cheaper.

I am very worried that egos may have already been bruised here.

I'm mostly just annoyed by two things: Everyone being so quick to jump on the trade ship when they don't even know what $$ he's looking for, and honestly the fact that McCaffrey was brought into this thread because he's really not relevant to his contract discussions.

McCaffrey is very relevant to this thread. His inclusion is present because it is likely his deal that has thrown off the negotiations. The problem is, some people here (and I am almost certain the Saints) feel McCaffrey brings something different to the table at this stage and is on a team in a different position than we are, so it is a complication. Teams working to get their cap in order and are also facing an imminent soft rebuild typically don't want to go out and sign a 29-year old back to a large deal.

There is a very direct correlation. Even Nick brought it up in his most recent article about the problem.

I am sure Kamara's team feels the way many of you do, that he is just as good as McCaffrey and deserves to be paid similarly, while the team side feels he is now more in the realm of some of the smaller deals like Mixon got. It's a natural thing.

YyjSFai.jpeg

So if AK holds out, what do you do?
Go find another back on the open market or roll with anime guy and Kendre?

I think Pokémon will have a better season this year and that Kendre has solid potential, but I’m on the phone to bring in the Brahmas’ Anthony McFarland as soon as Sunday’s UFL Championship ends. I posted a video of him in this thread a little while ago. He ain’t Booger, but he could be gold if you look at his stats — former Steeler who plays like AK41.

I think we’d have to roll with Kendre and maybe sign a guy like Kareem Hunt as his sidekick, with Jamaal Williams as the third guy. You’d also likely see a much more heavy dose of Taysom, I believe.

Giving it one more go with Latavius Murray is also an option. Hell, I’d rather him than Williams, to be honest.

Dog listen to yourself. You’re talking about 32nd in the league lol. If he was top 15 maybe you’d have a point I guess

Oh you’re broke alright lol, I’ll admit you saying that does help. So take a dude who was 19th in APY, extend his yards in games he didn’t even play, and he’s still not top 5 as evidence he’s top 5.

Those who don’t watch ball using stats and they still can’t keep a coherent argument lmao. Thanks a lot broke boy :ROFLMAO:
You say maybe if he was top 15 then SweetT would have a point. He shows the numbers that he was in the top ten and you try to ridicule AK for not being top 5?

Keep moving those goal posts.

Last edited:
The smart thing to do financially is to let him play this year on his current contract.

He's not going to hold out. No chance he skips the season he can have in Kubiak's system knowing his production will only make him that much more valuable. He missed a few hours of an OTA. It's not a big deal.

Who has looked like their self in Pete offense?
Chris had to beg for the ball
They had no clue how to use Sheed for two years
Williams went from leading the NFL in TDs to being a fullback.
Our offensive looked horrible in run/passing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom