Alvin Kamara skips last minicamp practice over contract dispute (No Guarantees in ‘25); Alvin Kamara is seeking an extension (3 Viewers)

Agreed…especially with Mickey’s “I set a value and don’t budge much from it” style.

Kamara may be eyeing McCaffrey money while Mickey is watching all these “older but not old” backs signing for much cheaper.

I am very worried that egos may have already been bruised here.
Sadly, it may be time to break up, unless he wants to guarantee 2 more years for 3 mil a year

This video (2023 Kamara highlights) says you guys either dont know what you are talking about or didn't watch Kamara play football last season:

Not so sure. Those were good runs. What you would expect out of a good running back. Half or more of those would have been TD’s for the young Kamara, not ten yard pops.

Lame offense and BAD offensive line play. Is there anything that can affect a RB's production more? Kamara didn't look different last year. He looked like he was running into a brick wall on obvious run plays because Carmichael lacked the imagination to do anything else on formations that announced it was a running play.

The Saints didn't draft Miller because Kamara had fallen off. They drafted a RB because they only had 2 RBs on the roster. Ingram had just finished playing his last season. Mark Ingram's retirement was imminent and Kamara was facing a not yet known lengthy suspension. They ended up starting the season with Williams and Miller, who ended up being hurt before the opener.

This and it's not all on Pete. Our OL stunk last year particularly at the beginning. Penning was a waste of space and Ram played hurt all year and likely never puts cleats on again.

Furthermore, Kamara never looked like he was trying or fast, but he sure as hell was. It's his MO and he looks like he's just barely working yet it's magic.

He missed games last year with the suspension and played hurt. The year before we had a bad year on the OL and played 4 different QBs in the debut year of the Saints without CSP.

Nobody here really has any idea what's left in AK's tank or what he can do in a new system assuming reasonable blocking and some stability at QB.

I didn't want to bring this up the other day but listening to his interviews he seems off, like he doesn't want to be here.
Kamara has been a great player and RB for the Saints. He’s at an age when RBs decline and he’s trying to get one last bag…

I’d like to see him get a legit shot at a ring before he leaves the league, and that’s not going to with the Saints.

Maybe they could get a 4th rounder for him or something… Maybe the Bengals would take him?

To echo this point:

Last 2 seasons under Payton Kamara was a top 5 Running back in yards from scrimmage:

Kamara 2020.png

Kamara 2021.png

Then these last 2 seasons under Dennis Allen (and Pete Carmichael) He has been number 7 running back in yards per scrimmage:

Kamara 2022.png

Kamara 2024.png

So if you think that Pete Carmichael was ineffective at running the offense and that he did not use Kamara properly, you cant also say Kamara is not a top 5 running back. When you look at per game averages, he is one of the top 7 running backs in the league still, even after being mismanaged, just image what's going to happen when he gets to play for an innovative coach that will scheme to take advantage of his skillset.
FWIW... (Assuming I carried all my 1s...)

Average/Touch:
McC 5.71 yds
AK 4.93 yds

McC 5.96 yds
AK 4.55 yds

AK in 2020: 6.25 yds

Maybe they could get a 4th rounder for him or something… Maybe the Bengals would take him?
IMO, he's really untradeable.

I can't imagine ANY team would take on his 2024 and 2025 salaries and bonuses in a trade.

If traded, he's slated to cost his new team $11.6M in 2024, and $25.0M in 2025 (when he's 30 y/o).

I don't see it happening.

This video (2023 Kamara highlights) says you guys either dont know what you are talking about or didn't watch Kamara play football last season:

Yeah, but... the AK detractors' highlight film of AK is only 37 seconds long.

But... they do have an hour and a half film of all the times AK was hit behind or at the LOS!!!

; - )

Kamara has been a great player and RB for the Saints. He’s at an age when RBs decline and he’s trying to get one last bag…

I’d like to see him get a legit shot at a ring before he leaves the league, and that’s not going to with the Saints.

The Saints will never again be the team that has a legit shot if they become the team that gets rid of their best players to see them get a legit shot somewhere else. I'm sorry, that's just not how you win in the NFL.

Kamara and Lattimore are the best players on the offense and defense, respectively. You don't get better by getting rid of your best players. I don't know where this fallacy came from, but it's not true. Moving your best players for 3rd and 4th round picks is not a win.

Most recently, Bill Obrien prescribed to this philosophy with disastrous results that set the Texans back and caused him his job. It's not a good strategy

Something else we need to consider here with Kamara - he isn't just a 29 year old back, but he has had some significant lower leg injuries over his career.

This isn't going to be as easy of a decision as many believe. If he wants to get paid, the Saints may need to hold firm, and that could be a problem. I mean, that much is obvious considering his actions on the final day of camp.

fQ0AMzx.png

8LP3jLm.png

Draft Sharks injury guide powered by (formerly Sports Injury Predictor)? I guess if you wish to live in Fantasy Land, it could be viable. Any studies as to the success rates of their previous predictions based on never having actually examined the player ?

The Saints will never again be the team that has a legit shot if they become the team that gets rid of their best players to see them get a legit shot somewhere else. I'm sorry, that's just not how you win in the NFL.

Kamara and Lattimore are the best players on the offense and defense, respectively. You don't get better by getting rid of your best players. I don't know where this fallacy came from, but it's not true. Moving your best players for 3rd and 4th round picks is not a win.

Most recently, Bill Obrien prescribed to this philosophy with disastrous results that set the Texans back and caused him his job. It's not a good strategy
It’s also adds to the franchise’s reputation.
Part of the reason why players still flock to the Cowboys despite the nearly 30 year championship drought, is the fact that Jerry does treat the players great.

I think that thought is just the result of “total rebuild” philosophy.

There could be several things at play here. DA and Loomis may be holding AK’s going public with his complaints about Pete last season against him. Alvin’s criticisms were on the mark, but that kind of stuff is usually kept in the building. AK broke an important unwritten rule after missing the first part of the season due to a self-inflicted suspension. Secondly, AK has not broken many big plays in years; he’s still good and I agree the scheme didn’t help him any the past two seasons, but he’s not the electric player he used to be. Thirdly, the market for older RBs is not bullish. Fourthly, the team may believe it has enough talent at RB to get by w/o him, albeit he is their only true star at the position. Fifthly, Loomis is trying to avoid the kind of long-term deals to older players he has made in the past in order to get into a more cap-friendly position. Keep in mind, we don’t know if the FO offered him an extension, but at a lower price point than he wanted. At any rate, it looks like they are going to play hardball for a while here. The one thing I don’t like is Miller was not featured at OTAs in AK’s absence. Is he really ready to take over the position? I’d rather have AK back, but only at the right price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom