Alvin Kamara skips last minicamp practice over contract dispute (No Guarantees in ‘25); Alvin Kamara is seeking an extension (2 Viewers)

Draft Sharks injury guide powered by (formerly Sports Injury Predictor)? I guess if you wish to live in Fantasy Land, it could be viable. Any studies as to the success rates of their previous predictions based on never having actually examined the player ?

Excuse me…is your argument here that Kamara hasn’t had injury issues?

Nope.

Might want to rewind, replay, reread before replying.
I have read it thoroughly. What I am asking is why does this source matter in the context we are discussing (Alvin’s injury history and the wear and tear on his body potentially accelerating his skills regression)?

You are attacking my source in a very sarcastic and condescending tone but attacking something I wasn’t even citing specifically as a point of emphasis. And to tell you the truth, I don’t think we even need a source to know that it is likely Alvin will get injured again, even if it is just limited time. History tells us that’s the case; he has missed time due to injury in each and every season he has been here; we don't need fancy analytics to know that that creates an equation for a strong likelihood that he will get hurt again.

So again I ask, are you disputing Alvin’s history injury? I think this is a silly thing to be trying to attack and a silly tangent overall considering the over-arching point that was being made and one that isn’t really refutable for anyone that’s been paying attention to the Saints/Kamara over the past six years.

Last edited:
Pay him!

He may not be as productive as he once was but he hasn't been used to his strengths either and that's not his fault!

Two years of a dynamic talent totally wasted under Pete Carmichael!

Sean Payton did the exact thing to Drew Brees for years by putting totally crap defenses on the field!

Pay him!!

You could stick to the Bill Belichick plan of letting him go a year early rather than a year late, but consider Bill Belichick had Tom Brady giving Bill’s decision a larger margin of error.

We don’t have Tom Brady on this roster, and Bill is an unemployed coach who got passed over for the Falcons job by a retread coach.

Let’s not be so quick to make BBs word gospel.

Keep Kamara

Pay him!

He may not be as productive as he once was but he hasn't been used to his strengths either and that's not his fault!

Sean Payton did the exact thing to Drew Brees for years by putting totally crap defenses on the field!

Pay him!!
No way would I pay a RB approaching 30 years old. It's not who you extend. You extend people like Cam as he was still productive commensurate with pay. Not so for RB's.

Unfortunately the RB position in NFL has been diminished with younger less expensive options.

He's an all-time great and one of my favorite players to ever wear the B&G but as we know, Father time...

Pay him!

Pay him!!

That’s how we got in cap trouble to begin with! I’m perfectly fine if it ends up being in the $6-8M range. Honestly, he has probably 2 good year left in him!

No way would I pay a RB approaching 30 years old. It's not who you extend. You extend people like Cam as he was still productive commensurate with pay. Not so for RB's.

Unfortunately the RB position in NFL has been diminished with younger less expensive options.

He's an all-time great and one of my favorite players to ever wear the B&G but as we know, Father time...
And you think other teams won't pay him what he wants?

I don't know about you but I don't want to see him making plays for teams like the Cowboys or Chiefs!

I do respect your opinion though.

AK41 hasn't been run into the ground. I hope we can find a win - win solution and keep him around to retire a Saint. I don't know what the hell the rest of you fools are talking about. :shrug:

I don't believe anyone has said AK has been run into the ground.

The concern was raised that Alvin Kamara has had many lower extremity issues over the course of his career (fact), has had injuries keep him out of games or parts of games in every season he has been here (fact), and that this could POTENTIALLY shave time off the back end of his career (fact, in terms of "potentially"). He's a player nearing the age of 30 (fact), at a position in which 29/30 has been the hard cutoff for many (fact)...so naturally these are things that have to be considered on the team side when determining his contractual value moving forward.

Now if you want to refute and defend against that notion above, go ahead, but don't come on here creating a ridiculous straw-manned version of what has been presented and call people fools based off of the fake position you yourself have concocted.

It is totally bizarre to me how controversial and how much of a lightning rod this "injury" portion of the topic has been as it relates to a NFL running back nearing the age of 30's contract status.

Last edited:
I don't believe anyone has said AK has been run into the ground.

The concern was raised that Alvin Kamara has had many lower extremity issues over the course of his career (fact), has had injuries keep him out of games or parts of games in every season he has been here (fact), and that this could POTENTIALLY shave time off the back end of his career (fact, in terms of "potentially"). He's a player nearing the age of 30 (fact), at a position in which 29/30 has been the hard cutoff for many (fact)...so naturally these are things that have to be considered on the team side when determining his contractual value moving forward.

Now if you want to refute and defend against that notion above, go ahead, but don't come on here creating a ridiculous straw-manned version of what has been presented and call people fools based off of the fake position you yourself have concocted.

It is totally bizarre to me how controversial and how much of a lightning rod this "injury" portion of the topic has been as it relates to a NFL running back nearing the age of 30's contract status.

Hmm, here's what I think I know...and why I'm siding with Alvin on this.

-McCaffrey when coming out, was a superior prospect to AK, it's why he went in the 1st round

-AK meanwhile has outperformed his draft status, partially because of his talent, partially because of lucking up and falling to a Sean Payton offense.

-For multiple years, while McCaffrey was good despite of the shortcomings in Carolina, AK proved to be better value and equally as good as McCaffey

-However, in the time since Drew's retirement, Payton's departure, and McCaffrey landing in San Fran, their careers have taken different paths

-Alvin's ability to produce at as Alvin level has been reduced, McCaffrey has been allowed to showcase his talents in a better environment.

-Alvin has had knee injuries dating back to college

-49ers paid McCaffrey, but are looking to lighten his workload

-Saints don't want to commit to Alvin but are going to make him the bellcow.

And that last sentence is why Alvin should be doing what he's doing. The 49ers appreciate McCaffrey, and have committed to him not only in money but in taking care of him. The Saints are absolutely planning on grinding Kamara out this season and walking away from him. Guarantee it, and if I'm Alvin I know it and I'm cool with it but I'd want them to treat me like the 49ers did a similar player, in a similar scheme. Take care of me is all he's saying and I'll give you everything I have left, just like the 49ers are going to do w/ McCaffrey. They are both no different in their potential to fall off a cliff, hell we could argue McCaffrey's workload dating back to college increases his chance to suddenly fall off a cliff, even more so than Alvin due to his knee injuries. At the very least it puts them on equal ground for the exact same thing.

Saints should work to secure Alvin, it's the right thing to do on multiple levels for multiple reasons despite fiscally irresponsibly argument.

The smart thing to do financially is to let him play this year on his current contract.

He's not going to hold out. No chance he skips the season he can have in Kubiak's system knowing his production will only make him that much more valuable. He missed a few hours of an OTA. It's not a big deal.
100% This. OTA's mean nothing in the long run. If he balls out this season, he's either going to make us give him more money or pay the last year of his deal. That benefits him and puts it all in his hands, barring injury. But if he doesn't, it was the right thing to not pay him and let him go next off season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom