Alvin Kamara unhappy with 17 game regular season (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Im not much of a fan of it either. Think 16 games is plenty. On top of that the extra contest isnt even a conference game. Most NFC-AFC Matchups lack sizzle or juice.

kansast

The LateNight Bar
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of changing the number of games in a season. For all the obvious reasons.. and I hate that it will forever alter season/records. I know we went from 14 to 16. Doesn't mean they should do it again.

OP
jasonsw

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
Add me to the list of people that don't like it. 44 years of 16 game seasons with records is now moot. Brady and Brees's stats will be easier to attain. Like others have said though, if they eliminate 2 preseason games them I guess I can live with it.
Its going to water down the regular season also. It would have been better if the extra game was a rotating 3rd division game.

For instance year one year play Atlanta 3 times, then Carolina, Tampa. It would be a meaningful game.

This whole extra game against an AFC foe feels like a throw away meaningless game. Other than fact N.O is playing in that game, contest involving say a Jacksonville, Tennessee, Jets, Miami lacks appeal.

Reaction score
Its going to water down the regular season also. It would have been better if the extra game was a rotating 3rd division game.

For instance year one year play Atlanta 3 times, then Carolina, Tampa. It would be a meaningful game.

This whole extra game against an AFC foe feels like a throw away meaningless game. Other than fact N.O is playing in that game, contest involving say a Jacksonville, Tennessee, Jets, Miami lacks appeal.
Yep I agree with this. If you are going to do it, make it meaningful which makes it more appealing.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
They could extend the season by increasing the number of bye weeks.

My proposal would be for the first three weeks to be played without a bye.

Then a division from each conference has a bye week. Each week a new division from each conference has a bye until each conference has had three bye weeks.

No team would play more than sic consecutive werks without a bye.

Teams that are coming off of a bye week would be slated for Thursday games to minimize short weeks.

Teams playing out of the country would have their bye week after.

This would give the Networks 19 weeks of content.

Each year the divisions would rotate the order in which they begin their bye week.

It isn't oppressive enough so it won't happen.

saintturk1

ultimate browser
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn’t sound like a big deal to some, but it will shorten careers.

Edited to add: How many people here saying “too bad, your union voted for it,” are still complaining about the outcome of the vote in the 2020 Presidential Election?
Did the union steal votes and commit voter fraud as well?

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Kudos for the Chicago Bears for making it through the entire 16 game era without having a quarterback with a 5,000 yard passing season. Keeping it old school.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
How does removing preseason games matter when starters barely play in it anyway?

We can't make it to Week 8 without this board being on edge for the daily injury report.

NFL's solution? Add two more games that starters have to play in.

Get ready to enter the "load management" era of the NFL.
Exactly how I feel, this is reckless, un-checked greed....

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

Then if we beat one of our division teams 3 times in the regular season but had to face them again in the playoffs...we would have to hear, "It's really hard to beat a team 4 times in a row..."

Saint Floyd

Who Dat
Reaction score
Why screw around with something that has clearly worked so well for decades? If anything, expand the regular season by adding another bye week for each team, thereby producing an extra week of regular season TV revenue across the NFL.

I’d also be in favor of expanding the playoffs to eight teams per conference. Give everyone a bye week between the final regular season games and the first round of the playoffs. That’s when the league could hold its Pro Bowl (eliminate the game) and regular season awards ceremonies.

More inventory for the networks, more TV cash for the league, and more rest for the players.

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Why screw around with something that has clearly worked so well for decades? If anything, expand the regular season by adding another bye week for each team, thereby producing an extra week of regular season TV revenue across the NFL.

Why screw around with something that has clearly worked so well for decades? Give everyone a bye week between the final regular season games and the first round of the playoffs. That’s when the league could hold its Pro Bowl (eliminate the game) and regular season awards ceremonies.

More inventory for the networks, more TV cash for the league, and more rest for the players.
!. If your not moving forward your losing ground.

2, Expanding the payoffs cheapens the regular season. I hated when the MLB went to a playoff in the mid 70's and haven't watched a full game since I think 93. The more they try to increase the scoring the less interest I have in the game. Bring back the defense and strategy of the stolen base and "hit and run" plays and I might come back.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hate the new 17 game schedule , and I’ve hated it ever since they announced the possibility of it.. i hate that it messes with the symmetry of the record books from the 16 game sked we’ve had for over 40 yrs.. and i hate the hypocrisy of espousing “player safety” while increasing the amount of games played.. this will only lead to load management like in the NBA.

I have also always despised the preseason, and even more so since i became a season ticket holder and have to pay the same amount to see third stringers as i pay to see Drew Brees playing... IMO there is one, and only one, schedule that would make sense- it would be to keep the 16 game schedule as is, and eliminate two preseason games.. that way you keep the integrity of the regular season and records , but you eliminate the seemingly never ending, long *** preseason that drags on forever.. however, I’m aware that this will NEVER happen since profit rules all in the NFL.. so i honestly dont even think about it, or groan about it, any more since I know they have me over a barrel, i love the product and will continue to watch.. it’s one of those ‘pick your battles’ things in life, where i will grin and bear it, and worry more about other stuff that i have at least some control over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom