Alvin Kamara unhappy with 17 game regular season (1 Viewer)

That's because he is starting to figure out what the rest of us already know...the NFL doesn't care about players...only the almighty dollar

I hear this all the time on here. Can you tell me what the players care about besides the fame and wealth they can achieve by playing in the NFL?

It doesn’t sound like a big deal to some, but it will shorten careers.

Edited to add: How many people here saying “too bad, your union voted for it,” are still complaining about the outcome of the vote in the 2020 Presidential Election?

Not me. I'm not in a place on the political spectrum that can easily be boxed into "one or the other" categories. I didn't have anyone worth voting for in 2020, and haven't complained one bit about the outcome.

Publicly complaining about the 17 game season now is useless. The time to publicly complain and get support was back when it could have mattered.

Not me. I'm not in a place on the political spectrum that can easily be boxed into "one or the other" categories. I didn't have anyone worth voting for in 2020, and haven't complained one bit about the outcome.

Publicly complaining about the 17 game season now is useless. The time to publicly complain and get support was back when it could have mattered.
So you can complain about things that do not matter to you on SR, but a guy that now stands an increased chance of losing long term money should shut up and keep his head down?

So you can complain about things that do not matter to you on SR, but a guy that now stands an increased chance of losing long term money should shut up and keep his head down?

What am I complaining about? You are the one making a lot of poor assumptions based on unfounded leaps of logic.

The player’s union, the one Kamara is a dues paying member of, approved the collective bargaining agreement that added the 17th game. The time to fight the 17th game was back when saying something could have stopped the situation. It’s not like the 17th game was some obscure line item that got snuck through the approval process. It was a very publicly advertised “feature” that the owners wanted.

No one outside of ownership wanted a 17th game. The NFL season is brutal enough as it is. It’s a thing now because too many players didn’t care when it mattered.

I'm just a fan and love me some Saints' football. Be glad I'm not the commissioner. I'd be pushing for something crazy like a 30 game season 😂

And you would have no healthy starters at the end of the season....NFL owners and Goodell could care less about the health of the players. This is really just un-checked greed and the players union doesn't seem to understand that this is not a good thing....too many players can't make it through a 16 game season healthy now....QFT below....

That's because he is starting to figure out what the rest of us already know...the NFL doesn't care about players...only the almighty dollar

Maybe all of the young guys and fringe players should play the 17th game...

Of course not! They are a business. Do you really think any large company truly cares about the best interest of their employees? Everyone is replaceable.

Players keep demanding record contracts, but unhappy with more workload.

I’d be in favor of cutting 2 preseason games and adding 2 real ones.

But...if I signed a contract to do 16 games and an extra was added I’d be pretty upset as well.

It’d be like you showing up to work today and the boss saying “From now on overtime doesn’t start till 50 hours.”

Players keep demanding record contracts, but unhappy with more workload.

And the NFL keeps getting record setting money from multiple sources, I mean do you really think the collection of billionaires that are NFL owners would approve of these contracts if it meant they would lose money over it? That and the cost of everything for an NFL team simply trickles down to the consumer/fans....

NFL player careers are typically very short, I really don't blame players for trying to get as much as they can....

Fans thinking players are greedy in comparison to owners are a trip. Over the years the extra games (they are going to add an 18th game soon) will cut down on the number of second and third contracts to a substantial degree over time, which is intentional, but not the primary financial motive.

Right? Who sides with billionaires over everybody else?

And the NFL keeps getting record setting money from multiple sources, I mean do you really think the collection of billionaires that are NFL owners would approve of these contracts if it meant they would lose money over it? That and the cost of everything for an NFL team simply trickles down to the consumer/fans....

NFL player careers are typically very short, I really don't blame players for trying to get as much as they can....

People who own businesses aren't there to give away profits. If they are paying out more, they will expect more. It's basic economics.

People who own businesses aren't there to give away profits. If they are paying out more, they will expect more. It's basic economics.

It's certainly basic American capitalism, but not sure that it's basic economics.

Edit: We often laugh at things when we don't understand them. It makes us feel better about our ignorance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom