Alvin Kamara unhappy with 17 game regular season (1 Viewer)

Anything to reduce the number of preseason games is fine with me.
i think eventually the NFL will move
to 18 regular season games and 2 preseason games.

Anything to reduce the number of preseason games is fine with me.
i think eventually the NFL will move
to 18 regular season games and 2 preseason games.
How does removing preseason games matter when starters barely play in it anyway?

We can't make it to Week 8 without this board being on edge for the daily injury report.

NFL's solution? Add two more games that starters have to play in.

Get ready to enter the "load management" era of the NFL.

Add me to the list of people that don't like it. 44 years of 16 game seasons with records is now moot. Brady and Brees's stats will be easier to attain. Like others have said though, if they eliminate 2 preseason games them I guess I can live with it.

How does removing preseason games matter when starters barely play in it anyway?

We can't make it to Week 8 without this board being on edge for the daily injury report.

Yeah im afraid of that whole load management aspect. If they do 18 games it would be nice if they did bye weeks on week 5 and 6 then weeks 12-13 for the second bye.

Teams that go on bye week 5 get thier second bye on week 12.

Its a far from perfect solution but it is way better than last year where bye ranged anywhere from week 5 to week 13.

The perfect one of course would be to designate two weeks in the season where there are no games. However networks would never go for that because they would lose 2 weeks of content.

I'm not a fan of changing the number of games in a season. For all the obvious reasons.. and I hate that it will forever alter season/records. I know we went from 14 to 16. Doesn't mean they should do it again.

Add me to the list of people that don't like it. 44 years of 16 game seasons with records is now moot. Brady and Brees's stats will be easier to attain. Like others have said though, if they eliminate 2 preseason games them I guess I can live with it.
Its going to water down the regular season also. It would have been better if the extra game was a rotating 3rd division game.

For instance year one year play Atlanta 3 times, then Carolina, Tampa. It would be a meaningful game.

This whole extra game against an AFC foe feels like a throw away meaningless game. Other than fact N.O is playing in that game, contest involving say a Jacksonville, Tennessee, Jets, Miami lacks appeal.

Its going to water down the regular season also. It would have been better if the extra game was a rotating 3rd division game.

For instance year one year play Atlanta 3 times, then Carolina, Tampa. It would be a meaningful game.

This whole extra game against an AFC foe feels like a throw away meaningless game. Other than fact N.O is playing in that game, contest involving say a Jacksonville, Tennessee, Jets, Miami lacks appeal.
Yep I agree with this. If you are going to do it, make it meaningful which makes it more appealing.

They could extend the season by increasing the number of bye weeks.

My proposal would be for the first three weeks to be played without a bye.

Then a division from each conference has a bye week. Each week a new division from each conference has a bye until each conference has had three bye weeks.

No team would play more than sic consecutive werks without a bye.

Teams that are coming off of a bye week would be slated for Thursday games to minimize short weeks.

Teams playing out of the country would have their bye week after.

This would give the Networks 19 weeks of content.

Each year the divisions would rotate the order in which they begin their bye week.

It isn't oppressive enough so it won't happen.

It doesn’t sound like a big deal to some, but it will shorten careers.

Edited to add: How many people here saying “too bad, your union voted for it,” are still complaining about the outcome of the vote in the 2020 Presidential Election?
Did the union steal votes and commit voter fraud as well?

Kudos for the Chicago Bears for making it through the entire 16 game era without having a quarterback with a 5,000 yard passing season. Keeping it old school.

Exactly how I feel, this is reckless, un-checked greed....

Then if we beat one of our division teams 3 times in the regular season but had to face them again in the playoffs...we would have to hear, "It's really hard to beat a team 4 times in a row..."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom