Alvin Kamara (1 Viewer)

What if we trade Hill to the Packers for Rodgers and then send Rodgers to Seattle for Wilson, what would Kamara do then? 🤔

200.gif

You raise a very good point about Drew and I agree with that, but Sanders isn’t here anymore. Sanders route running is amazing. These other guys you mentioned have yet to have that luxury of crafting their skill as bonafide deep threats or any kind of threat. So, I won’t hold my breath on that. I hope what you are saying will happen, but the WR group, outside of MT, is one of the position groups that gives me concerns.
First of all, no lie, I’m gonna miss Sanders. Smooth smart savvy vet! Wish we still had him! 😢

But I brought up that one play as an example of a WR goin deep, who’s WIDE OPEN, but has to struggle n come back to the ball to make the catch. So how can you think/say we have no deep ball threats, when 1) we’ve rarely even TRIED to go deep the last couple of years, and 2) even IF/WHEN they WERE open, we had nobody at QB who could even get em the ball deep?

So I submit that Trequan IS a deep ball threat, but one who simply hasn’t had a QB who could get him the ball deep. Now. he finally has one in Jameis.

That’s my story n I’m stickin to it!

😂😂😂

Last edited:
How would we know? That is not a knock on Brees, just reality....out of all of them I expect Calloway (if healthy) to stand out....you can just see it, he knows where to be, has good hands and will get better with experience. He made an immediate impact.

I would like to see Harris's WR role cut back a bit (like someone said, stop with the jet sweeps), he is just too valuable as a returner....I also haven't given up on TQS but I think Calloway is light years ahead of him already development wise....
Such a great point. If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound? If we have deep threats on the roster and there's no one there to throw it to them, do we have deep threats?

We don't have speed merchants on the roster because that element of the offense has been gone for awhile. We tend to focus on the past two seasons because that's when Drew's lack of arm strength became undeniable but the deep ball hasn't been a real threat in years.

First of all, no lie, I’m gonna miss Sanders. Smooth smart savvy vet! Wish we still had him! 😢

But I brought up that one play as an example of a WR goin deep, who’s WIDE OPEN, but has to struggle n come back to the ball to make the catch. So how can you think/say we have no deep ball threats, when 1) we’ve rarely even TRIED to go deep the last couple of years, and 2) even IF/WHEN they WERE open, we had nobody at QB who could even get em the ball deep?

So I submit that Trequan IS a deep ball threat, but one who simply hasn’t had a QB who could get him the ball deep. Now. he finally has one in Jameis.

That’s my story n I’m stickin to it!

😂😂😂
Like I said before, excluding MT, I have little faith in our WR corps. I’m hoping they prove me wrong, but I’m still not holding my breath. I do love your enthusiasm though. It kinda made me want to run into a brick wall!

Such a great point. If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound? If we have deep threats on the roster and there's no one there to throw it to them, do we have deep threats?

We don't have speed merchants on the roster because that element of the offense has been gone for awhile. We tend to focus on the past two seasons because that's when Drew's lack of arm strength became undeniable but the deep ball hasn't been a real threat in years.

Deonte Harris is definitely a speed merchant...TreQuan is very athletic for his size....I think we have guys that can get it done deep, hopefully we will find out more this year.....

Who are these WRs that can go get it?
I’m probably MT’s biggest fan, but he’s not a deep threat. TQS, the inconsistent body catching speedster that doesn’t create separation? Who else? Harris??? Possibly he would be the only one I can see, but who are these WRs you are talking about? Help me understand

They are currently all unknowns, but Baker, Winston and McCleskey are all 4.42 or faster guys and we haven't had any fulltime WR with that speed on the roster since maybe Ginn in his first season.

They are currently all unknowns, but Baker, Winston and McCleskey are all 4.42 or faster guys and we haven't had any fulltime WR with that speed on the roster since maybe Ginn in his first season.
How many of those guys will make the team?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom