Alvin Kamara (1 Viewer)

Probably the most gifted RB we've ever had. Unstoppable in space. Carmichael runs him straight ahead into a brick wall that's opening zero holes for him OVER and OVER and OVER.

What does that huddle sound like?
Dalton: "OK, Kamara, I'm going to give you the ball, you run straight ahead."
AK: "You know, that hasn't been working like, all night."
Dalton: "Don't worry, this time it'll work. O-Line, are y'all going to open up a hole to run through?"
Ruiz: "Absolutely not."
Ramczyk: "Nah."
Penning: "I'm gonna grab someone's face!"
Dalton: "OK, sounds good. On three. Ready? BREAK!"

But yeah, it's definitely Kamara's fault.

The problem is that players like Kamara, Davis, Jordan will not have the longevity to survive the rebuild at other positions. They will simply fade into obscurity while we search for and develop a QB, D-linemen (plural), running back, linebackers, safeties, O-linemen and while young CB's develop.
I'm not disagreeing but thats football. It is what it is every team has amazing players that are on bad teams. We had plenty of mediocre seasons with Brees at helm and we have some amazing seasons. IT is what it is

His contract is virtually untradeable

And didn't we go down this road w/ AK already w/ doubting him only to have him come back the next season and have a career-like year.

He'll be alright, we just don't have anybody in a leadership position on staff on the offensive side of the ball.
He was hurt that year though this year seems different. I know the ribs were a concern earlier. I think it's disappointment and he's missing the creative plays and strategies that Sean brought to the table. He went from eating steak from the get go now he has to settle for Spam šŸ˜‚

He was hurt that year though this year seems different. I know the ribs were a concern earlier. I think it's disappointment and he's missing the creative plays and strategies that Sean brought to the table. He went from eating steak from the get go now he has to settle for Spam šŸ˜‚
Well this season his soul is hurting...all of our souls are hurting. If we can barely get up to watch them play under Allen, I wonder how hard it is for them to get up to play under Allen. At least they get paid millions (well this year he's playing for Darnell Green) to suffer through DA...so they've got that going for them.

I firmly believe that Alvin Kamara will not be a Saint next year. His body language the last four weeks has is that of a man defeated and checked out. They showed him on the sideline last night and he was just staring out into space. The coaching staff either doesnā€™t like him or are trying to separate themselves from the inevitable because he was virtually nonexistent last night. They were brining him in for first down, idiotic one yard runs and then pulling him out in favor if Ingram. No screen passes, not deep passes, nothing.

There is nothing from him. No emotion, no fire, no smiles, nothing. Internally, he is done as a Saint. Salary cap be damned, he is gone. He will find a team and bolt while he can. He is a talented player on a horrible team with a bleak future. He is not going to want to waste away here. The same could be said for Michael Thomas (post June 1 cut to ease the dead money), Taysom Hill (cost cutting move and Payton will take him wherever he lands) and numerous others.

If the Saints clean house and get a new coaching staff, he may stay but if the current regime is here next year, he and a lot of familiar faces, I believe, will be gone.
Good player, not even trying, so not worth the plays he is in for. Doesn't like being called out. Hates DA. Can't cut or trade him due to Loomis cute moves.

Probably the most gifted RB we've ever had. Unstoppable in space. Carmichael runs him straight ahead into a brick wall that's opening zero holes for him OVER and OVER and OVER.

What does that huddle sound like?
Dalton: "OK, Kamara, I'm going to give you the ball, you run straight ahead."
AK: "You know, that hasn't been working like, all night."
Dalton: "Don't worry, this time it'll work. O-Line, are y'all going to open up a hole to run through?"
Ruiz: "Absolutely not."
Ramczyk: "Nah."
Penning: "I'm gonna grab someone's face!"
Dalton: "OK, sounds good. On three. Ready? BREAK!"

But yeah, it's definitely Kamara's fault.
I hollered

It's been a fatal flaw in the Saints offensive scheme for years that they do not have a 2nd (and 3rd) legitimate complementary running back with Alvin. So Alvin has to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down when that is not the ideal role for him and naturally wears him down physically and mentally. It worked better with the Ingram of a 4 years ago and then Latavius as the 2nd backs who could run and catch.

Add in an injured offensive line with mediocre depth and then the passing game, which hits every now and then but does not threaten a defense because the Saints can't score TD's. (1 TD in 9 quarters of football now.)

I'd be very happy to see the Saints draft a running back in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I think Carminchael will resign or be fired, but if Mickey does not read the room and brings back Allen, then Lord help us all.

Kamara's ineffectiveness is not due to his lack of care, but the lack of creativity in his use. I can't recall the last time we threw him a screen pass.

Pete Carmichael broke AK41
His fumbling is on Carmichael? His lack of professionalism (lackluster) is because of Carmichael?
Nah, that's 100% on AK.

Kamara been checked out since the MT bs where everyone complained about his injury..

We should've got rid of MT 2 years ago and got something for him.. before he crashed the team with his whining bs.

There is no creativity on offense and Kamara is a versatile back that PC is not getting the most out of. Running him up the middle on every play hoping HE makes something happen is not a good game plan, no more than throwing deep hoping Shaheed runs down the ball is a good passing play. The Team is not having fun out there especially on offense because the system lacks creativity and an identity.

If he's "given up" then he doesn't "deserve" anything.
Absolutely. Nobody owes him anything. He owes the Saints 100% effort for a very, VERY, decent paycheck. Frankly heā€™s been in coast mode for a couple of years now. Constantly takes the easy way out by just gliding out of bounds instead of trying for the extra yard.

Some of this teams issues land squarely at AKs feet. Game changing fumbles, dropped passes or just weak effort would indicate a lack of focus. Maybe his legal battles are getting the best of him? He didn't have to extend. Could have waited and became a FA. No he chose to be in NO. So I think his issues are of his own making and not because the team is a dumpster fire. He will be better once the legal distraction is behind him.

I think the Kamara era is coming to an end. It was fun while it lasted

AK is one of those players that needed a strong voice like Sean Payton around. Without him they tend to go too far one way. Guys like Lattimore, Kamara and Winston were pushed into team leading roles and the problem is they are not leaders (or at least the kind of leaders you want persuading your team. A lot of things will start coming to light soon if the local media decides to stop playing nice and start reporting the facts. It's not going to be pretty though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom