Alvin Kamara's Market Value, Pt. 2: Will the Running Backs' Market affect Kamara? (1 Viewer)

Yes that looks like AK will definitely get more than Ekeler got, but not what Zeke got. Had Drew retired then maybe AK gets paid this yr due to available cap space, but now it may have to push to next offseason...4yrs/$41m's guarantee $30m's

Yes that looks like AK will definitely get more than Ekeler got, but not what Zeke got. Had Drew retired then maybe AK gets paid this yr due to available cap space, but now it may have to push to next offseason...4yrs/$41m's guarantee $30m's

Gurley just got a 2 year 35 mil contract so I doubt Kamara would settle for 10 mil a year.

I saw the replay of the Saints v Texans game from week 1 last season... and I can tell you this... Healthy Alvin Kamara is a BEAST. The Seattle game replay is on in the middle of the night tonight, and that was his best game of the season...
He’s going to be expensive, but when he’s right, he’s among the very best.

I'm trying to find it but that's not what I heard. I heard 2 years 35 million. Edit: It seems I may be wrong. I can't believe he settled for that.
Well your not too wrong he got essentially that for two years work in L.A with all that garaunteed money.

The AK situation will be interesting to watch over the next year. To get the payday he is looking for he is going to have to show in 2020 that his injuries last year are in the past ad non recurring. If he performs like 2 years ago for a full 16 games then my guess is that the Saints will find a way to get him signed. If he plays like last year, with injuries that impact his overall performance, I just don't see the Saints giving him a mega deal. RB's for the most part have short shelf lives and in todays NFL don't seem to have the same value. I am truly hoping that he gets back to the difference maker we saw early in his short career, but we shall see!

I'm trying to find it but that's not what I heard. I heard 2 years 35 million. Edit: It seems I may be wrong. I can't believe he settled for that.

The Rams are still on the hook for 7 mill this season. So basically he’s getting 13 mill this year.

Best way to do running backs - draft a good one, use him for four years, draft another one.
It's like fast forwarding taking home a sweet, newborn. Keep them until puberty and trade them in for another sweet newborn (but in a 4 year process). And yes, I have nothing else to do right now.

It will be interesting. These big RB contracts are gonna go the way of the dinosaur.
AK, much like Christian McCaffery, is a different animal. Their receiving abilities are rare, they essentially roll up 2-3 players (think roster spots) into one elite package. That is very valuable, but not worth tying up a disproportionate amount of cap % to though either. Not when you can continually find mid round rooks that can capably tote the ball--esp behind good offensive line/schemes.

It will be interesting. These big RB contracts are gonna go the way of the dinosaur.
AK, much like Christian McCaffery, is a different animal. Their receiving abilities are rare, they essentially roll up 2-3 players (think roster spots) into one elite package. That is very valuable, but not worth tying up a disproportionate amount of cap % to though either. Not when you can continually find mid round rooks that can capably tote the ball--esp behind good offensive line/schemes.

Speaking of McCaffery, his rookie season and even somewhat in his 2nd season, he was hampered some by nagging minor injuries... then last year he stayed healthy and showed his true ability. Kamara is much the same. Health is the key! Kamara is a sniper, and he thrives when he can be spelled and used in tandem with another good RB. It worked great with Mark Ingram, and I believe it could’ve worked with Murray too... but for whatever reason the Saints didn’t seem to see it that way with Murray.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom