Always wash your hands after - or else (1 Viewer)

That's why I always use a paper towel when I open the bathroom door. I've been doing that ever since one of my middle school coaches told me that.

Well, I need to try this. Probably more efficient than standing there, sometimes for an hour or more, waiting for someone else to open the door so I can slide out. I've missed several movies because of this. :mad:

/dunce.

Well, I need to try this. Probably more efficient than standing there, sometimes for an hour or more, waiting for someone else to open the door so I can slide out. I've missed several movies because of this. :mad:

/dunce.

:smilielol::spit::hihi::smilielol: You really just stand there and wait for someone to open the door? I've been using papertowels to open the bathroom door for years.

Dear Cecil:
First, an (elderly) joke.
A Harvard man and a Yale man are at the urinal. They finish and zip up.
The Harvard man proceeds to the sink to wash his hands,
while the Yale man immediately makes for the exit.
The Harvard man says, "At Hah-vahd they teach us to wash our
hands after we urinate."
The Yale man replies, "At Yale they teach us not to piss on our hands."

Good (if elderly) joke. Common (but stupid) attitude. Rank (but important) topic. Some facts: The purpose of washing is not to get pee off your hands. No amount of washing will make you clean. You have to do it anyway.
I've said this before: your boxer-shorts region--from belly button to mid-thigh--is crawling with germs known as coliform bacteria. These bacteria originated in your intestine, and some of them are deadly. Remember punji stakes? They were sharpened sticks that the Vietcong concealed point up along trails and daubed with excrement. If you stepped on one you had a good chance of contracting a fatal infection. Similarly, an otherwise not-so-serious gunshot or knife injury could kill you if it perforated the intestine and allowed coliform bacteria to spread around your abdomen.
But you know this (or at least you ought to). What you may not know is that washing will not make the coliform bacteria go away. They're holed up in the pores of your skin and nothing short of sandblasting--certainly not your morning shower--is going to get them out. Showering merely gets rid of the ones that have strayed onto the surface. The bacteria won't do much harm if they stay put, but when you urinate your fingers come in contact with Mister P. long enough for the coliform bacteria in your pores to hop aboard. Your fingers subsequently touch lots of other infectible items. If you don't wash your hands with soap and water (soap gets rid of the skin oil that the bacteria stick to) . . . hello, Typhoid Mary.
It now dawns on you: jeez, if merely touching my privates is enough to transmit bacteria, it doesn't matter if I pee or not! Just so. Urine itself is actually fairly sterile. Cecil has read reports of it being used during wartime in poor countries as--I'm not making this up--a sort of battlefield Bactine. (U.S. doctors generally blanch at this.) The lesson to draw from this, however, is not that you can go forth dripping (yuck), but rather that just because you didn't pee on your fingers doesn't mean you can skip washing up.

From "Cecil", The Straight Dope

http://www.straightdope.com/

:smilielol::spit::hihi::smilielol: You really just stand there and wait for someone to open the door? I've been using papertowels to open the bathroom door for years.

Did you know that a garbage bag will NOT work as a parachute when you jump from the 5th story window, and that Mary Poppins' umbrella was just a movie prop? Unfortunately, I do. :mad: :covri:

/ouch

Did you know that a garbage bag will NOT work as a parachute when you jump from the 5th story window, and that Mary Poppins' umbrella was just a movie prop? Unfortunately, I do. :mad: :covri:

/ouch

:hihi: I figured you were joking, but just the thought of you standing there all lonely waiting for someone to let you out of the bathroom is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:hihi: I figured you were joking, but just the thought of you standing there all lonely waiting for someone to let you out of the bathroom is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Can you imagine some stranger walking through, and you're like, "what the **** took you so long? I've been trying to get out of here for an hour."

:hihi:

I just wash my friend in the morning and that usually sees me through the whole day. :9:

That's why I never leave the house without one of these in my pocket. They're light, small and I let them open the doors.

nicole-richie-lindsay-lohan.jpg

Good plan. Got a spare you'll sell me?

I wouldn't go so far as to get into it with another customer for not washing their hands...HOWEVER...if it's an employee...then that's a whole different story...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom