Am I a liar?? (1 Viewer)

Am I a liar?

• Total voters

Zardnok

Zardnokalicious!
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After watching the LSU game and the Nascar Nationwide race this afternoon, I decided to take myself a Saturday afternoon siesta and stretched out to snooze. As I just doze off to sleep, my phone rings and it is my girlfriends mom who is a big fan of the WNBA. She asks me if I could check to see if the WNBA game is on "one of those ESPN channels that I get?" implying she wanted to come over and watch it. I grab the remote off the pillow next to me and do a quick check of the various ESPN channels, noting to her on each of the ESPN channels what was playing. She then asks me, "Do they have a WNBA channel?" to which I reply, "No maam."

When my girlfriend gets home, I tell her that her mom called about the game and she replied, "How could you lie to my mother? You know that game is on the NBA channel." I opined that I did not lie and answered her mother's questions directly and honestly so that I could go back to my nap. She felt that I was being a sneaky liar and called her mom to come watch the end of the game. Ultimately she is recording the game for her mother to watch in the bedroom tomorrow while I watch the Saints game in the living room.

So, Am I a liar??

I had pretty much the same problem so I started the "is it a lie" thread. IF you honestly didn't know about it then you did not lie, you were just misinformed. If you had intent to deceive, then it is a lie.

You handled it beautifully. The only thing that you could possibly have done to handle it better was check the caller ID and not answer the phone at all.

You may have done the "borderline truth/close to lying" this afternoon Zardnok. Of course to reference feo's above comments a bit further, I have a caller ID and I have the option of refusing to self-incriminate myself. It's like preventing yourself from telling a lie you'll eventually get caught on.

But I'm taking it easy on you today. I won't come out and say "You Lie, you oh so GD lie beyond a shadow of a doubt its ridiculous" on the EE right now. I'm in a good mood right now, Auburn's kicking Ball State's *** as expected. So, I'm a congenial mood to let it slide by.

Now, if it's a Saints game, this is completely unacceptable. I don't care if their is a CAT 2-3 tornado that's been spotted in Southeast La., you will watch it and do it gladly.

Auburn is one thing, but the Saints are another thing entirely. The love I have for the Saints, as well as for the city of New Orleans is immeasurable. My family has far-reaching roots in La. going back to the late 19th century. Mobile, Alabama may be where I was born and raised, but New Orleans will always be home.

It could be argued that the intentional failure to disclose a material fact when you know that the other party is relying on the information is deceptive. It depends on your state of mind. When she was asking about channels, did you know that a WNBA game on the NBA channel was a possibility? Or was it something you only realized in hindsight?

I voted yes. Now I'll go back and read what you wrote.

Played perfectly Zardnok.* No matter how ghey a hat they may wear I can assure you no lawyer will get you convicted.* Not that lawyers wear ghey hats of course

I remember years ago I worked at Winn Dixie and the freezers went out and we were allowed to eat as much ice cream as we wanted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom