Am i bad for wanting more (1 Viewer)

SaintSausagehead

Old fat dude
Reaction score
Am i the only one who thinks we should of scored again? I know its bad sportsmanship but i think other teams would of run it up on us and they have in the past just wanting some sweet payback

well i could care less if we scored again...we won by 17...that's a statement in the NFL....but i have always wondered why it's frowned upon in the NFL to run up the score, but in college, it's almost expected

In College there is a real reason to do it with the way all the stupid rankings stuff works. I think we ended the game with class. I liked it.

Had we shoved one more down their throats you can bet they would remember it next time we play them. I hate giving the team more of a reason to play you hard next time.

well i could care less if we scored again...we won by 17...that's a statement in the NFL....but i have always wondered why it's frowned upon in the NFL to run up the score, but in college, it's almost expected

My theory is that it is all because of the NFL coaching fraternity of 32 teams versus the hundreds in college football. Everyone seems to know someone on the other sideline, has worked with them or for them in the past. There is also a high probability that you may be working with them again in the future. And to carry it just a little further, there is always the posssibility that you are running the score up on your future prospective employer and some memories can last a lifetime.

The same people that wanted another score would have been the same people questioning Payton when Brees or Deuce got hurt because we were trying to score a TD while we were up 17 with 2 minutes left in the game.

Am i the only one who thinks we should of scored again? I know its bad sportsmanship but i think other teams would of run it up on us and they have in the past just wanting some sweet payback
My brother wanted the same thing during the game. I think if Gruden would have called a time out you would have got your wish. Payton left it up to him.:tiphat:

The same people that wanted another score would have been the same people questioning Payton when Brees or Deuce got hurt because we were trying to score a TD while we were up 17 with 2 minutes left in the game.

i totally agree....there is no reason to get a guy hurt on a totally meaningless play...it may not have been a bad idea to put some second or third string guys in and let them get some time....but if you put your starters out there, they better not get hurt...last time i checked, no one has been hurt on a kneel down

I think this post is backwards.

Professionals are expected to KNOW how to take an ***-thrashing. Amateurs, which college players still are, whether on a technicality or otherwise, have nothing to gain by running up the score on an opponent. Amateurism is supposed to be less about the end results and more about the values learned in regards to things like sportsmanship etc.

That's why I don't respect high school and college programs that beat mercilessly on inferior teams. On the pro level, I don't care so much, because sometimes things just always go your way. At least take out the big-ticket guys if it's late.

An injury could of occured on the nine minute drive we had also i just think it would of been great to cap of such a dominant drive with some points

I think this post is backwards.

Professionals are expected to KNOW how to take an ***-thrashing. Amateurs, which college players still are,

NCAA football is nothing more junior league for the NFL. I'd say about 95% of football players at a DivI-A schools are there to play football, nothing more, and get a shot at the NFL.

whether on a technicality or otherwise, have nothing to gain by running up the score on an opponent.

There are these things called the polls, which determine who gets to go into bowl games. Some bowl games earn the school alot more money and prestigage than others.

Amateurism is supposed to be less about the end results and more about the values learned in regards to things like sportsmanship etc.

That's why I don't respect high school and college programs that beat mercilessly on inferior teams. On the pro level, I don't care so much, because sometimes things just always go your way. At least take out the big-ticket guys if it's late.

It depends on what you mean by 'beat mercilessly'. Most coaches will take their starters out about midway through 4th if they are ahead by more than 3-4 scores. OTOH everything before that time is fair game. No coach wants to be the victim of a miracle comeback. Did you see the MSU-Northwestern game this year ? think the Northwestern coach should have benched his starters in the 4th?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom