Am I hearing this right (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Drew Brees gives what he honestly feels from his own experiences and gets grilled for it from players who are fighting for their equal rights to give their own opinions of their experiences. No tolerance for Drew, complete tolerance for all the players criticizing him. Drew should apologize for assuming the intent of those kneeling was to disrespect the flag and his critics should apologize for being intolerant of a man’s mistake and attacking him with what can only have been underlying intolerance for anybody disagreeing with them. Does anyone now think Drew will have any incentive to continue to help the city including the minority community if that kind of vitriol is going to be spewed on him every time he says something. I believe we are seeing the beginning of the end for this country. If people on both sides don’t start working together there will be no solutions going forward.

Drew Brees gives what he honestly feels from his own experiences and gets grilled for it from players who are fighting for their equal rights to give their own opinions of their experiences. No tolerance for Drew, complete tolerance for all the players criticizing him. Drew should apologize for assuming the intent of those kneeling was to disrespect the flag and his critics should apologize for being intolerant of a man’s mistake and attacking him with what can only have been underlying intolerance for anybody disagreeing with them. Does anyone now think Drew will have any incentive to continue to help the city including the minority community if that kind of vitriol is going to be spewed on him every time he says something. I believe we are seeing the beginning of the end for this country. If people on both sides don’t start working together there will be no solutions going forward.

If kneeling isn't to disrespect the flag/anthem, then how could it be considered a way to draw attention? Lol. Of course its meant to be disrespectful.

Drew Brees gives what he honestly feels from his own experiences and gets grilled for it from players who are fighting for their equal rights to give their own opinions of their experiences.

You didn't have to start another thread, but the point is, what Drew said, undermines that fight for equal rights.

I do agree both sides need to start working on finding solutions together. That involves listening so listen.

If Drew or anyone like Drew thinks that the kneeling is disrespecting the flag he is mistaken. It is not. It is about America being there for all of it's people, black, brown, white and in between and treating us all fairly.

We know Drew had a grandparent he love that fought for the flag. That's great but that's not the point here, he keeps saying this like it is the point but it is not and no one is trying to take away his love for his grandparent or the flag but it seems by continuing to bring up this point he is not looking at the real point which is black and some brown people (Latinos) even are getting killed by white cops/white people at a very high rate and the justice/court system isn't doing anything to these people as in convicted them yet they are getting released to do it all over again.

That is the point and that is why Colin started kneeling. The kneeling is to get that point across so it can stop. It needs to stop b/c black people are people as well and need to be seen as such.

you think folks are getting uppity for no reason?

Amazing that people think offering opinions ought to be free from reactions or consequences. Completely blind to the world around them.

Reactions sure. How about constructive reaction instead. Just saying “you’re part of the problem” or “unaware” is not a reaction that fixes the problem. So much negativity and hate towards someone who answered a question honestly. He feels kneeling during the anthem is disrespecting the flag as many do. Yet, i have not heard one good response to how it isn’t other than “you just don’t get it” or “that’s privilege for you“.

Edit: I see Luke Johnson did. See now that ladies and gentlemen is a constructive response that might go somewhere.

Last edited:

didnt read the whole thing, but how you feel and what is right isn’t mutually exclusive. So feel how you feel, it doesn’t mean it’s justified or for the right reasons. Again I stand with drew on most things today he is way way off

Reactions sure. How about constructive reaction instead. Just saying “you’re part of the problem” or “unaware” is not a reaction that fixes the problem. So much negativity and hate towards someone who answered a question honestly. He feels kneeling during the anthem is disrespecting the flag as many do. Yet, i have not heard one good response to how it isn’t other than “you just don’t get it” or “that’s privilege for you“.

Whoever has ears to hear...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom