Am I hearing this right (2 Viewers)

Yes. If vets are saying it wasn't disrespectful then my goodness Drew. Also, Drew as well as other white people seem to want to interject how they see things (which is fine) but first LISTEN to how black people see things. Really hear them before you start talking about YOU.

I'm a vet. I'm saying it's disrespectful.

Drew Brees gives what he honestly feels from his own experiences and gets grilled for it from players who are fighting for their equal rights to give their own opinions of their experiences. No tolerance for Drew, complete tolerance for all the players criticizing him. Drew should apologize for assuming the intent of those kneeling was to disrespect the flag and his critics should apologize for being intolerant of a man’s mistake and attacking him with what can only have been underlying intolerance for anybody disagreeing with them. Does anyone now think Drew will have any incentive to continue to help the city including the minority community if that kind of vitriol is going to be spewed on him every time he says something. I believe we are seeing the beginning of the end for this country. If people on both sides don’t start working together there will be no solutions going forward.
You get negative reps for expressing your non violent views. Amazing. Some people are just hell bent on being a malcontent, regardless. That is why we will never turn the corner in this country, to being more united.

I'm not saying it is disrespectful to me, "as a vet". I just find it disrespectful. I would find it disrespectful even if I wasn't a vet. But I am a vet... and I think it's disrespectful.
How about just not thinking things are disrespectful? Especially when you've been told that disrespect is not the intent. I'm sure some people find things you do every day disrespectful. But who cares?

Listen everyone, while it is my personal opinion that Drew made a mistake (and at this point, that is all it is), he is entitled to his own opinion, just like anyone else. He did not say anything horrible, he stated his interpretation of what he probably thinks his grandfather would have felt. That's all.

That said, people are entitled to feel whatever they want and this is going to be a consequence of sharing his feelings. However, come on here. He did not actively or intend to hurt anyone. Are we willing to dismiss his 1 million great deeds over a mistake or his opinion on not standing during the national anthem?

F Drew Brees? Are you kidding me? Now this is the definition of hatred for the sake of hate. Step back and think about what he did here and I will bet my lifetime savings that he had no intention on hurting anyone with his comments. Don't make a bad situation horrible by making an example of a great person who has a his own deep rooted love for making our service people always feel appreciated.

If you are perpetuating this movement please stop this before he gets hurt by some lunatic. DB does not deserve this

didnt read the whole thing, but how you feel and what is right isn’t mutually exclusive. So feel how you feel, it doesn’t mean it’s justified or for the right reasons. Again I stand with drew on most things today he is way way off
You are way off. He never said no one has the right to kneel against the flag. He said he would never disrespect the flag by kneeling. He respects those for their views and opinions, but gets blindsided by those. I hope they refuse to play in protest. They have that right as well.

Then choose to feel disrespected for no reason. Even though you have been told disrespect is not the intent. Sounds real smart to me lol

Lol, as I said before.... of course it is meant to be disrespectful. Otherwise how would such action draw attention? You are only fooling yourself by saying disrespect is not the intent. Why only kneel during the anthem? It's sad I have to even argue the point of its intent.

Like Aaron Rodgers posting a pic of him locking arms. If Aaron Rodgers is so righteous, then why doesn't he kneel the ball EVERY snap until change is made? That would be far more powerful than locking arms during the anthem. All the players. Just get on the field and kneel every play. LeBron... just kneel on the court til racism no longer exists. If you are not willing to do that then stop crying because someone finds that kneeling during the anthem to be disrespectful.

Lol, as I said before.... of course it is meant to be disrespectful. Otherwise how would such action draw attention? You are only fooling yourself by saying disrespect is not the intent. Why only kneel during the anthem? It's sad I have to even argue the point of its intent.

Like Aaron Rodgers posting a pic of him locking arms. If Aaron Rodgers is so righteous, then why doesn't he kneel the ball EVERY snap until change is made? That would be far more powerful than locking arms during the anthem. All the players. Just get on the field and kneel every play. LeBron... just kneel on the court til racism no longer exists. If you are not willing to do that then stop crying because someone finds that kneeling during the anthem to be disrespectful.
You're making next to zero sense. Anything that draws attention to itself is disrespectful? Uhhh ok

Don't be silly. Any protest with that many viewers will draw plenty of attention. You think if they held up a fist instead, that everybody would suddenly be fine with it? It's as simple as that?

You're making next to zero sense. Anything that draws attention to itself is disrespectful? Uhhh ok
Yeah, that's exactly what I said... "anything". Now it makes a little more sense why..... meh, what's the point. Nothing I can say will give you common sense and logic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom