Am I hearing this right (1 Viewer)

I will call it disingenuous, because it is. The background of the writer is irrelevant. It's disingenuous to assert that only the feelings of one side matter.

Are you sure you read it? I'm not so certain you did.

You are way off. He never said no one has the right to kneel against the flag. He said he would never disrespect the flag by kneeling. He respects those for their views and opinions, but gets blindsided by those. I hope they refuse to play in protest. They have that right as well.

But the main thing is the Drew(still love him) says
kneeling disrespects our country- it doesn’t!

Not anymore than wearing shorts that look like the American flag at the beach!

Last edited:
I think this "only one opinion allowed" is a new far-right talking point, actually.

Which continues to boggle my mind because if the right could allow the opinion of those that choose to kneel and not get "triggered" by it in the first place there wouldn't be any discussion at all.

You get negative reps for expressing your non violent views. Amazing. Some people are just hell bent on being a malcontent, regardless. That is why we will never turn the corner in this country, to being more united.
Here's the problem: "Being united" often translates to "You black and brown people need to shut up and stop making trouble. Because I'm fine with the status quo."

You're making next to zero sense. Anything that draws attention to itself is disrespectful? Uhhh ok

I think his point is why during the National Anthem? Didn’t CK say at the start “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color”. So yeah it was meant to be disrespectful because he doesn’t agree with some of the bad of our Country when there is a lot of good. A good history of the Country coming together as one such as WW2.

There is nothing wrong with Brees not kneeling during the National Anthem, he’s not required to. From what I see the nation is in solidarity that this was murder plain and simple and the person has been charged with 2nd degree murder. The DOJ and FBI have been charged with expediting their investigations and who knows what additional charges that may bring. I don’t see the nation tolerating what this individual did. I don’t think Brees is racist or that he thinks what happened was ok. It’s not wrong of him to not want to kneel during the National Anthem. If you wanna kneel, kneel but why criticize someone who thinks that’s maybe not the right way for him to do it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom