Am I hearing this right (1 Viewer)

You are way off. He never said no one has the right to kneel against the flag. He said he would never disrespect the flag by kneeling. He respects those for their views and opinions, but gets blindsided by those. I hope they refuse to play in protest. They have that right as well.
I never said he said that. I agree with him relating the flag to his passion for family and military. Now is not the time to make that connection. I am not way off. I’m way on. I don’t hate the guy but it was a poor comment and poor reaction when he should be standing by people right now
You are way off. He never said no one has the right to kneel against the flag. He said he would never disrespect the flag by kneeling. He respects those for their views and opinions, but gets blindsided by those. I
You are way off. He never said no one has the right to kneel against the flag. He said he would never disrespect the flag by kneeling. He respects those for their views and opinions, but gets blindsided by those. I hope they refuse to play in protest. They have that right as well.
first off relax. Second off Brees should know better than to make statements during such a sensitive time where change is needed. I do not agree with taking a knee to the flag during a game while still taking a pay check. I certainly agree with the emotions of thd African American community and the travesty in how they have been treated. I said it in another threat. Now is not the time to talk like that if your Brees your asking for this storm. This has NOTHING to do with Military. People see mixing things up. And as I said before shame on the reporter who loaded that question.

now as far as the morons on the streets chanting eff Drew Bree’s? They should go back to elementary school and learn some comprehension. He’s not against blacks, poor choice in answer but if your moronic enough to call him racist your adding to the problem. Jenkins has a right to be upset, about everything, do I think he took things out of context and looks foolish? Yes I think that, but I also sit here and know I do not know what he sees from his perspective. And during this time I try to sit back and listen and learn the issues that the African American community are fighting to solve. To me Brees should have opened his mind and ears and not his mouth.

he’s still my guy and still my QB still my inspiration and hero. That’s not going to change.

I never said he said that. I agree with him relating the flag to his passion for family and military. Now is not the time to make that connection. I am not way off. I’m way on. I don’t hate the guy but it was a poor comment and poor reaction when he should be standing by people right now

first off relax. Second off Brees should know better than to make statements during such a sensitive time where change is needed. I do not agree with taking a knee to the flag during a game while still taking a pay check. I certainly agree with the emotions of thd African American community and the travesty in how they have been treated. I said it in another threat. Now is not the time to talk like that if your Brees your asking for this storm. This has NOTHING to do with Military. People see mixing things up. And as I said before shame on the reporter who loaded that question.

now as far as the morons on the streets chanting eff Drew Bree’s? They should go back to elementary school and learn some comprehension. He’s not against blacks, poor choice in answer but if your moronic enough to call him racist your adding to the problem. Jenkins has a right to be upset, about everything, do I think he took things out of context and looks foolish? Yes I think that, but I also sit here and know I do not know what he sees from his perspective. And during this time I try to sit back and listen and learn the issues that the African American community are fighting to solve. To me Brees should have opened his mind and ears and not his mouth.

he’s still my guy and still my QB still my inspiration and hero. That’s not going to change.
You’re an idiot. Read your post

Drew should apologize for assuming the intent of those kneeling was to disrespect the flag

This is where I think Drew had the ability to clarify his viewpoints and did not. I believe Drew understood that the intent of those kneeling in protest was not because they were protesting the flag. Drew knew what they were protesting. He feels that if you don't stand it's disrespectful -- though, the reason they took a knee was because a Vet told Kaep that if he was going to protest during the national anthem to at least take a knee because it still shows a sign of respect. There's no doubt those players intended to be disruptive and that's what protesting is all about anyway. Saying that the intent was to be disrespectful of the flag is, at best, a part of the story and not the main point.

That's really where it all got twisted.

Players were protesting what was going on in our country by choosing a time that is about country. But the knee was intended to still be a respectful way to protest. Could they have picked a different time to show a sign of protest? Yes, maybe. But whether you found it profoundly disrespectful or not, it should be at least recognized that the intent was never to disrespect the flag, but to protest what was going on in the country that the flag represents.

Drew is a really top notch guy and the grilling he's getting over this is very much blown out of proportion. However, he probably should have chose to not answer the question or at least framed it that he understood that some players may kneel and he will support his teammates though he won't kneel himself.

With everything going on after all... what would you rather see? Several pro athletes quietly taking a knee during the national anthem during sporting events or massive gatherings across all cities, which unfortunately gives some the excuse to destroy property and go on looting sprees.

Lol, as I said before.... of course it is meant to be disrespectful. Otherwise how would such action draw attention? You are only fooling yourself by saying disrespect is not the intent. Why only kneel during the anthem? It's sad I have to even argue the point of its intent.

Like Aaron Rodgers posting a pic of him locking arms. If Aaron Rodgers is so righteous, then why doesn't he kneel the ball EVERY snap until change is made? That would be far more powerful than locking arms during the anthem. All the players. Just get on the field and kneel every play. LeBron... just kneel on the court til racism no longer exists. If you are not willing to do that then stop crying because someone finds that kneeling during the anthem to be disrespectful.
"Crying" is choosing to feel offended about something when you know that's not even the intent. At least that's one definition.

This is where I think Drew had the ability to clarify his viewpoints and did not. I believe Drew understood that the intent of those kneeling in protest was not because they were protesting the flag. Drew knew what they were protesting. He feels that if you don't stand it's disrespectful -- though, the reason they took a knee was because a Vet told Kaep that if he was going to protest during the national anthem to at least take a knee because it still shows a sign of respect. There's no doubt those players intended to be disruptive and that's what protesting is all about anyway. Saying that the intent was to be disrespectful of the flag is, at best, a part of the story and not the main point.

That's really where it all got twisted.

Players were protesting what was going on in our country by choosing a time that is about country. But the knee was intended to still be a respectful way to protest. Could they have picked a different time to show a sign of protest? Yes, maybe. But whether you found it profoundly disrespectful or not, it should be at least recognized that the intent was never to disrespect the flag, but to protest what was going on in the country that the flag represents.

Drew is a really top notch guy and the grilling he's getting over this is very much blown out of proportion. However, he probably should have chose to not answer the question or at least framed it that he understood that some players may kneel and he will support his teammates though he won't kneel himself.

With everything going on after all... what would you rather see? Several pro athletes quietly taking a knee during the national anthem during sporting events or massive gatherings across all cities, which unfortunately gives some the excuse to destroy property and go on looting sprees.

They were protesting the flag. CK said so himself. “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color”-CK

They were protesting the flag. CK said so himself. “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color”-CK
The narrative that it was about protesting the flag is missing the point. And unfortunately, so many made it about the flag and not the issues within the country. And even with that, if you want to look at that one quote and say that he was "protesting the flag", OK, fine. However, when you'd hear the athletes talk about why they were taking a knee, you weren't hearing "I can't stand our flag". What they would talk about was that they could no longer stand for the types of racism that goes on in our country -- and showed that with a literal "will not stand for it".

For me, I could not bring myself to take a knee. Seeing others take a knee may make you feel uncomfortable. Making you feel uncomfortable is part of what a protest is supposed to do. So, while I didn't really care for it because I do think you should stand -- I can understand why they were kneeling and it wasn't because they just wanted to disrespect the flag. It was because they wanted things to change so they could feel pride in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: dtc
The narrative that it was about protesting the flag is missing the point. And unfortunately, so many made it about the flag and not the issues within the country. And even with that, if you want to look at that one quote and say that he was "protesting the flag", OK, fine. However, when you'd hear the athletes talk about why they were taking a knee, you weren't hearing "I can't stand our flag". What they would talk about was that they could no longer stand for the types of racism that goes on in our country -- and showed that with a literal "will not stand for it".

For me, I could not bring myself to take a knee. Seeing others take a knee may make you feel uncomfortable. Making you feel uncomfortable is part of what a protest is supposed to do. So, while I didn't really care for it because I do think you should stand -- I can understand why they were kneeling and it wasn't because they just wanted to disrespect the flag. It was because they wanted things to change so they could feel pride in it.

I can understand why they are protesting too and have no problem with it except for when you do it as to say that you are not proud of the Country. Even then i can bite my tongue as war veteran because we fought for free speech. What i don’t like is someone being told to shut up because they think it is a sign of disrespect or being called racist because they disagree with the timing of the protest ( such as during a time of respect).

Which by the way is exactly why Drew is under fire right now. Not because of his words but because of his timing. Mostly perpetuated by the media.

I can understand why they are protesting too and have no problem with it except for when you do it as to say that you are not proud of the Country. Even then i can bite my tongue as war veteran because we fought for free speech. What i don’t like is someone being told to shut up because they think it is a sign of disrespect or being called racist because they disagree with the timing of the protest ( such as during a time of respect).

Which by the way is exactly why Drew is under fire right now. Not because of his words but because of his timing. Mostly perpetuated by the media.

Players are told to shut up and play football all the time. What makes Brees any different?

Players are told to shut up and play football all the time. What makes Brees any different?

As someone else mentioned. Everyone take a knee during a play. Do it all game for all i care. Hell, everyone sit out until change is made. They won’t do that though huh? Why make it so divisive?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom