Am I hearing this right (1 Viewer)

When someone is judged for their opinion its called oppression. Pot call the kettle black, (absolute 0 pun intended).

Oh and its literally the definition.
It’s tyranny of the majority (or at least the vocal majority) oppressing differing opinions. It’s the exact same thing people are supposedly protesting for...smh.

It's clear Many of you need to disengage from the matrix and stop
I didn’t say racism doesn’t exist I just said I didn’t think it was a prevalent across society I don’t believe. All these examples being made are of police shootings so I was just speaking to that. Maybe the article I was reading is wrong and I realize there is a difference in population, but it gave statistics for each year and there appears to be problem with police shooting unarmed people across the board
Can we agree that preying on someone because their skin color is different is wrong? Then we can also agree that if you can apprehend a psycho maniac going on a killing spree and take him to Burger king you can also write a black man a ticket without murdering him.

You are part of the problem. You disregard all numbers just to live in your little world. When drew retires I hope all of you are happy.
What numbers? You have brought nothing of substance. Provide these numbers and let's chew them up. You cannot tell me that seeing my people murdered isn't disgusting.

Let me ask you this and answer honestly.

Raise your hand if you want the police to treat you like they treat Black people? I thought so

Drew Brees gives what he honestly feels from his own experiences and gets grilled for it from players who are fighting for their equal rights to give their own opinions of their experiences. No tolerance for Drew, complete tolerance for all the players criticizing him. Drew should apologize for assuming the intent of those kneeling was to disrespect the flag and his critics should apologize for being intolerant of a man’s mistake and attacking him with what can only have been underlying intolerance for anybody disagreeing with them. Does anyone now think Drew will have any incentive to continue to help the city including the minority community if that kind of vitriol is going to be spewed on him every time he says something. I believe we are seeing the beginning of the end for this country. If people on both sides don’t start working together there will be no solutions going forward.

There has been a lot of responses so i don't know if anyone has said this yet but:
The way Drew answered the question sounds like what racists say. Its all too familiar for a lot of people. Deflecting the whole point of the kneeling to something else, in this case disrespecting the military and veterans. He's smart and actually did a commendable job in bringing the team together in 2017 with kneeling for the introduction and standing for the anthem. Now, this just seems inauthentic.

There has been a lot of responses so i don't know if anyone has said this yet but:
The way Drew answered the question sounds like what racists say. Its all too familiar for a lot of people. Deflecting the whole point of the kneeling to something else, in this case disrespecting the military and veterans. He's smart and actually did a commendable job in bringing the team together in 2017 with kneeling for the introduction and standing for the anthem. Now, this just seems inauthentic.

What racists say? Why are people so quick to throw that around? You know if this keeps up then in a year the term will be meaningless.

Leave the term for people that are actually racists. Another example of doing more harm than good. You better be sure someone is before you start accusing or the word becomes meaningless.

Yes. If vets are saying it wasn't disrespectful then my goodness Drew. Also, Drew as well as other white people seem to want to interject how they see things (which is fine) but first LISTEN to how black people see things. Really hear them before you start talking about YOU.
Doesn't seem alot like equality if black people always get to talk first...

Please give an example of how racism has affected you or someone you know in the past 10 years.
Do you not think a person of color has more than a dozen examples?
You are truly living in your own perfect little bubble aren't you?

No wonder fans of other teams laugh at us

Drew Brees gives what he honestly feels from his own experiences and gets grilled for it from players who are fighting for their equal rights to give their own opinions of their experiences. No tolerance for Drew, complete tolerance for all the players criticizing him. Drew should apologize for assuming the intent of those kneeling was to disrespect the flag and his critics should apologize for being intolerant of a man’s mistake and attacking him with what can only have been underlying intolerance for anybody disagreeing with them. Does anyone now think Drew will have any incentive to continue to help the city including the minority community if that kind of vitriol is going to be spewed on him every time he says something. I believe we are seeing the beginning of the end for this country. If people on both sides don’t start working together there will be no solutions going forward.
I just wonder why it has to be the flag? Isn’t it possible to pick another way to demonstrate without using the flag? If you use the flag, the military will always be brought into the conversation. Just because someone feels the flag is being disrespected does not mean that they do not believe in racism.

I just wonder why it has to be the flag? Isn’t it possible to pick another way to demonstrate without using the flag? If you use the flag, the military will always be brought into the conversation. Just because someone feels the flag is being disrespected does not mean that they do not believe in racism.
The issue is that many aren't condemning racism and injustice as vigorously as they are condemning the kneeling. That is insane.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom