Am I Right?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Saint3232

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Did I see this past Sunday that we are the #1 ranked offense in the league? If that is correct, WOW! This offense is playing great, but i don't think we have seen them click on all cylinders yet. Guys as long as everyone stays healthy, this really could be a dangerous offense, a few run blockers to open some gaping holes and this could be very USC like from the Bush, White, Leinart days. You really can't ask for a whole lot more from the offense. What a great job by this new staff.

If Bush blossoms into something even close to what he was in college, this team could have no limits to what they can do.

We are Rightfully ranked #1 on Offense, i wish we were anything near that on Defense though, Unfortunately Vick pretty much damaged those stats.

We are the number 1 ranked offense, but those numbers are there primarily because of our passing game.

Our passing game is ranked #1, while our running game is ranked 28th... ouch. Combined, we still have the top ranked O in the league.

Rush Yds/Gm 94.9(28th)
Pass Yds/Gm 307.5(1st)
Total Yds/Gm 402.5(1st)

Yep, and like you said the scary thing is that they have along way they can come to.

1) Reggie is only getting better. He's not getting a ton of chances and until the defense gets better the number of offensive plays will struggle. Once the defense is made better, and the Saints pick up say another two possessions, everyone will see their number of touches go up and Reggie will only get better.

2) Deuce is still coming back. Yeah he looks good, but can only get better with time.

3) Brees and these receivers have really still had much less than a year together. They can only get better.

4) This offensive line is a brand new starting five and have played well. You get the idea, they are only going to get better.

5) FA/Draft will certainly bring us a big time TE and possibly another WR.

We have been ranked #1 for a few weeks now. In total yards that is. And yes you are right kfran, its only because of our passing game.

The thing to think about is this... When we reach the playoffs, we should have two pretty healthy and fresh RB's, unlike some of these other teams who ride their RB all season (EX: Seattle)

The thing to think about is this... When we reach the playoffs, we should have two pretty healthy and fresh RB's, unlike some of these other teams who ride their RB all season (EX: Seattle)

I have been thinking the same thing. How great would it be for our Running Game to really start hitting on all cylinders in the last few games and into the playoffs.

I think one of the main reasons our running game is ranked so low is that our passing game can't be stopped. I mean, if you are moving the ball up and down the field passing the ball, do you really have to interrupt that by running an equal number of times?

actually alexander IS fresh, coming back from that injury, his 201 yards mon night showed that, albeit against GB. I do think denver is going to tear them a new one this week, however...

but i do agree, the 2 back system should keep out guys fresher late into the season

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom