Am I the only one that won't be able to watch the game tonight? (1 Viewer)

The sticking point is that the NFL Network wants $.70 per cable system provider. I will gladly pay seventy cents to get a channel that I actually want, unlike channels that I'm forced to receive such as Univision, Logo (the gay-pride channel), The Reality Netowrk, and the 3 channels of 24/7 infomercials.

If your cable provider has NFL Network, do you have to pay extra to subscribe to it? Or is it part of the cable package?

My girlfriend has it in Metairie on Cox Digital Cable. I have it on Dish Network.

It's not like it's the Saints or anything you'd normally see. Just an extra opportunity to see a game on TV.

Yeah but it's not like it's the Lions vs. the browns or something.. this should be a really good game.

At least if the Saints play next year on a thursday we will be able to see it. They have to show the game locally if it meets the sellout rule.

Cox and the NFL have a deal to air the network, what sucks is that each local Cox affiliate can choose whether or not to air it. Cox in Baton Rouge refuses to do it for some reason.

Cox and the NFL have a deal to air the network, what sucks is that each local Cox affiliate can choose whether or not to air it. Cox in Baton Rouge refuses to do it for some reason.

That makes sense.. thanks.

I clicked on the "Send a fax" to your local provider to request the channel button.. hopefully they get lots of complaints and finally make it happen.

At least if the Saints play next year on a thursday we will be able to see it. They have to show the game locally if it meets the sellout rule.

They don't have to if it's offered on local cable. My brother had NFL season ticket, and if the game was offered on local cable, they didn't broadcast it. He would have to go to someones house to watch it on cable, even though he had NFL ticket.

The sticking point is that the NFL Network wants $.70 per cable system provider. I will gladly pay seventy cents to get a channel that I actually want, unlike channels that I'm forced to receive such as Univision, Logo (the gay-pride channel), The Reality Netowrk, and the 3 channels of 24/7 infomercials.

I think the scenery is great on the Spanish channel, but I just with they had an ENG button like SAP so I could understand something besides Coca Cola or Micheal Jordan.. I agree completely though that we should be able to get that channel and drop some of the other 200 garbage channels we pick up

That makes sense.. thanks.

I clicked on the "Send a fax" to your local provider to request the channel button.. hopefully they get lots of complaints and finally make it happen.

I've been "sending a fax" every week for months now. When the cable guy came out recently he said we would finally be getting the OnDemand service here in B.R. but had no idea about the NFL Network. If Directv didn't go out every time it rained I would have switched ages ago. Unfortunately rain and South La. go hand in hand.

Unless it rains, and you can't receive the signal, which always seems to happen in the worst situations.

I almost never lose my signal... ever. You wont if your dish is set up securely.For me, directv is the best thing since sliced bread. I also get all my local programming through directv

Last edited:
In time, the NFL Network will be available to all. I enjoy the channel immensely.

Anyone else tired of seeing the Broncos on Sunday Night Football?

I'm also tired of seeing the Raiders, Packers, and Chargers on during Primetime. Oh yea, add Jacksonville to that list as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom