Am I too paranoid? (1 Viewer)

Dave Worth

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Probably stupid question. I have a huge mirror that is nicely framed (roughly five feet tall and seven feet long). Our latest home has wainscotting or chair rails in all rooms this is appropriate in and my wife won't let me hang it on the bedroom ceiling (I have a great idea that involves drilling a pole through the center of it...oh well).

She wants to sell it on Craigslist for $100 or so. We don't need the money and I'm leary of having strangers from the internet come to our house to look at it for a sawbuck. Too paranoid or not? $100 plus $150 in Walmart gift cards I have could go a long way towards a cheap plasma in the bedroom (to help me get over the disappointment of losing the ceiling mirror...and possibly the pole).

Are there that many serial killers on the 'net? Should I fight harder for my dream of unflattering angles? Thanks in advance.

As long as you don't believe in government Manchurian assassins or the NSA, FBI, CIA spooks, are listening to your phone conversations, you should be fine.

Which reminds me, do some of you guys hear voices in your heads that occasionally give advice to you? Is it a problem when I refer to them as me in the first person?

I'd recommend staying away from Internet dating sites, some look solid, others have the looks but upon meeting them you find out why their not relationship-builders. Serial killers choose their victims indiscriminately and act out due to sexual fantasies or frustration, violent psychopathic delusions like Ted Bundy. Others like Dennis Rader(BTK) are disturbed sociopaths who develop specific killing patterns, they like playing God deciding who lives or dies. The most fascinating one, IMO, is the Zodiac Killer who terrorizes S.F in the late 50's/early 60's. Is ever one fit the "evil genius" psychopath, Zodiac's closer to the ballpark then Bundy, who earned a law degree from Washington.

I'd recommend staying away from Internet dating sites, some look solid, others have the looks but upon meeting them you find out why their not relationship-builders. Serial killers choose their victims less discriminate and behave out of sexual fantasies or frustration, violent psychopathic delusions like Ted Bundy. Others like Dennis Rader(BTK) are disturbed sociopaths who develop specific killing patterns, they like playing God deciding who lives or dies. The most fascinating one, IMO, is the Zodiac Killer who terrorizes S.F in the late 50's/early 60's. Is ever one fit the "evil genius" psychopath, Zodiac's closer in the ballpark then Bundy, who earned a law degree from Washington.

Are you saying you want to buy the mirror?

Just kidding. I'm actually fascinated by serial killers. Criminal Minds is one of my favorite shows and I get sucked into almost any special on a serial killer. I find it interesting looking into what makes them tick and how they turned out that way.

You fockers know nothing. Watch Dexter. Sell your mirror online with pics. And saintsman. Get on meds. Sooner the better.

Are you familiar with the Green River Killer in King County, WA? Supposedly, he murdered close to 20-25 women over a near-two decades span. Some Seattle grunge bands, IIRC, recorded a few songs about him. He was even suspected in the murder of respected Seattle grunge singer Mia Zapata in 1993, although her murderer later turned out was a homeless Cuban convict who immigrated to the United States on the Mariel boatlift.

Are you familiar with the Green River Killer in King County, WA? Supposedly, he murdered close to 20-25 women over a near-two decades span. Some Seattle grunge bands, IIRC, recorded a few songs about him. He was even suspected in the murder of respected Seattle grunge singer Mia Zapata in 1993, although her murderer later turned out was a homeless Cuban convict who immigrated to the United States on the Mariel boatlift.

Okay, the mirror's not for sale anymore. Thanks for asking, though!

Seriously...yes I'm aware of him. There was a TV movie or mini-series about him I saw starring Tom Cavanaugh. Serial Killers targeting prostitutes are less intruiging to me. Probably not a good thing to say about me, but I guess I see them as "lesser" victims in some sense. Not that they're asking to be murdered, but there are a lot of risks of physical harm in that work. So I'm not as shocked when a group of prostitutes get murdered versus people considered more "normal" like Derrick Todd Lee. Probably because those attacks hit home a little closer as something that could happen in "my world."

Probably stupid question. I have a huge mirror that is nicely framed (roughly five feet tall and seven feet long). Our latest home has wainscotting or chair rails in all rooms this is appropriate in and my wife won't let me hang it on the bedroom ceiling (I have a great idea that involves drilling a pole through the center of it...oh well).

Going by the fact that you have been trained to use terms such as "wainscotting", there was no way that mirror was going on the ceiling.

Take a hammer to the mirror and smash into a million pieces. Then make her clean it up.

If you like the mirror why not get a mirror stand?

4YGpSe9sygXFKq8UgihGIWbU8BJBF2Q0MaR304fwUExPN0YA9P0l2i1E_rxc9tdu0n2KfNhkWcmR0Klqkxm5U_pndRGTFYj5MMGYwPUs94XtMUP3ptTmfGiKMNb8AJal7eYTBYA_w72VYK5geQQDUhhkvNM8aTnDOrgM2usLrJNuCFGWuPhfklXO6higigI

are you sure no one's in the mirror watching you?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PivWY9wn5ps?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PivWY9wn5ps?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You fockers know nothing. Watch Dexter. Sell your mirror online with pics. And saintsman. Get on meds. Sooner the better.
Hate to to it, but ..... ^this^ Additionally, if that ain't workin' for ya, there are stores that'll sell it for you online for a commision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom