Saints Am I wrong for feeling this way about the Mike T situation? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know its still fresh and now Coach SP has let his frustration be known about how he felt about Mike T waiting to get the surgery done. I feel like hey aint nothing we can do about it now and this horse will get beat to death and nothing will change. We can be frustrated (which I am still sore about) but at this moment whats done is done. We just have to see how this plays out until Mike is healthy enough to come back. Am I wrong? 🤷🏾‍♂️

You aren't feeling any kind of way about him.

I'm not understanding why you're asking?

Here's my take. Michael Thomas needs to give back all the money due on all the games he will miss this season.

And he won't be a Saint come 2022. This is his last season. Payton is done with him.

I'll wait for the full story before claiming ill will on his part. He's a passionate player that's a top 5 WR and I can understand not wanting to have surgery but a decision should have been made in April at the latest.

You aren't feeling any kind of way about him.

I'm not understanding why you're asking?

Here's my take. Michael Thomas needs to give back all the money due on all the games he will miss this season.

And he won't be a Saint come 2022. This is his last season. Payton is done with him.

Agreed. Waiting till now to have surgery? Embarrassing and shameful.

What we assume happened:

Michael Thomas thought to himself he can wait and push the surgery back knowing it will need to be done in order for him to heal.

He figured he could rest at home while his team plays for the first 3 months.

What most likely happened:
He tried to use his ankle preparing for the season, but continued experiencing soreness. Th docs told him to address the injury with surgery as RICE has not helped due to his ligaments being stretched.

What we assume happened:

Michael Thomas thought to himself he can wait and push the surgery back knowing it will need to be done in order for him to heal.

He tried to use his ankle preparing for the season, but continued experiencing soreness. Th docs told him to address the injury with surgery as RICE has not helped due to his ligaments being stretched.
See thats what I'm thinking. Maybe the doc gave him a choice to rehab first but after sometime his ankle wasn't cooperating so the surgery was needed.

It is what it is. The season will start without him. As much as this situation sucks, it could potentially turn out to be a positive in a way. As of now, we brought in Hogan, but another WR may be signed as well. We have all screamed for a #2 WR. So, maybe one of the young guys steps up or one of the veteran guys entrenches themselves as the #2? Had MT been 100% healthy, who’s to say SP and Loomis would even ponder the thought of bringing in another WR? Now, their hand is forced in a way.

Players understandably dont like to have surgeries and they'll try any treatments in order to avoid it....but sometimes surgery is just unavoidable and it creates bigger team issues when its prolonged. Today's players dance to their own drums, regardless of what the team thinks.

It is what it is. The season will start without him. As much as this situation sucks, it could potentially turn out to be a positive in a way. As of now, we brought in Hogan, but another WR may be signed as well. We have all screamed for a #2 WR. So, maybe one of the young guys steps up or one of the veteran guys entrenches themselves as the #2? Had MT been 100% healthy, who’s to say SP and Loomis would even ponder the thought of bringing in another WR? Now, their hand is forced in a way.
This season is turning into a developmental one quick, we need the young guys to prove their worth.

What we assume happened:

Oh hush. Too much good sense in your logic. That's not fun.

I'm sorry, but it seems like one thing after another with CGM. Lots of passive-aggressive stuff.

As is the case with most WRs, I am always willing to listen to offers. If there is any friction between he and Payton, then my ears would be WIDE open... especially in the immediate aftermath of Brees' retirement.

How do these things work? DId the team not follow up w/ Mike? Did they not realize in April, he still needed the surgery and if so why not tell Mike then to get it or was this all up to Mike to do?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom