Am I Wrong for wanting to go see Avengers End Game over the draft? (1 Viewer)

Just bought my tickets for the 10pm show. Best of BOTH worlds suckers! #ProblemSolved

I've never seen any Avengers movies. I'll be watching the draft just because it's sports related.

You can be negative all you want too and take it out on me.

I am glad there are Saints' fans like you. But, I think you need to be more careful in how you try to encourage others. I think even characterizing fans who don't share the same enthusiasm for the league as being "negative" misses the mark.

For me, this isn't about one play. Goodell and company have been eating up the good will they once enjoyed, starting with "Bountygate."

I think the majority of fans and players have been pretty clear that they don't want Thursday Night Football, which results in a crappy game, an undue advantage for the home team and an increase in risk of injury to the players.

The same thing with international games, most fans don't want them but the league insists on having them.

I could go on about rule changes etc, but the point is that there are only so many times that you can tell people that "you are unimportant" before they believe you, and they act accordingly.

I will still support the team, but I had already gone from someone who would go out of his way to watch any NFL game to a fan of one team, rather than the league.

After watching the team get absolutely robbed, I am not sure that I will place our games as the top of my priority list for the weekend like I have done in the past.

I am certainly not going to alter plans to watch the draft, which itself has been reinvented to focus on profits rather than what's in the best interest of the fans and competition.

Should I go see Avengers or watch the draft on Thursday ? Decisions decisions....

No your not wrong. We have no picks. Unlikely we jump into the first round. We may move up in the second, but that’s also doubtful to some degree. If you follow the marvel movies and comics from the start, you have to catch that movie.

I am glad there are Saints' fans like you. But, I think you need to be more careful in how you try to encourage others. I think even characterizing fans who don't share the same enthusiasm for the league as being "negative" misses the mark.

For me, this isn't about one play. Goodell and company have been eating up the good will they once enjoyed, starting with "Bountygate."

I think the majority of fans and players have been pretty clear that they don't want Thursday Night Football, which results in a crappy game, an undue advantage for the home team and an increase in risk of injury to the players.

The same thing with international games, most fans don't want them but the league insists on having them.

I could go on about rule changes etc, but the point is that there are only so many times that you can tell people that "you are unimportant" before they believe you, and they act accordingly.

I will still support the team, but I had already gone from someone who would go out of his way to watch any NFL game to a fan of one team, rather than the league.

After watching the team get absolutely robbed, I am not sure that I will place our games as the top of my priority list for the weekend like I have done in the past.

I am certainly not going to alter plans to watch the draft, which itself has been reinvented to focus on profits rather than what's in the best interest of the fans and competition.

I totally understand and of the agreement of the points you made.

I'm sure you can go back on my posts as far as a couple years and see I have made the same points.

I appreciate your view, and understand how you feel.

Also your right I shouldn't of said true fan and things of that nature. I meant that more in a joking way. I know that the way I feel about things doesnt make me more of a fan then the next guy. Just a tactic to make people find within themselves the reason they love the saints so much and try to focus on that rather than the bad.

I truly do believe we have the best fanbase in the world, and that this could be a special year. It could be our last shot with Drew.

So heres to getting what we deserve this year! That LOMBARDI

WHO DAT

Endgame was the correct choice(y) by far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom