Am I wrong in thinking this.... (1 Viewer)

Frank The Rat

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am so hoping that the Giants can put something together and beat the Cowboys. I also hope they can some how make Romo look normal. ITs almost getting Vick like....all they talk about on tv seems to be Romo this, Romo that....he has played 5 games.

yes, he beat the colts...the other games he won was Arizona, Tampa, and the jeckle and hyde Panthers. He loss to the redskins, who beat the panthers.

I am so hoping that the Giants can put something together and beat the Cowboys. I also hope they can some how make Romo look normal. ITs almost getting Vick like....all they talk about on tv seems to be Romo this, Romo that....he has played 5 games.

yes, he beat the colts...the other games he won was Arizona, Tampa, and the jeckle and hyde Panthers. He loss to the redskins, who beat the panthers.

I wouldn't say you're wrong. However, it has been my personal experience that when I wish for another team or player to do poorly, they always perform well. I am still guilty of doing so, and end up kicking myself. Perfect examples:

I was hoping that GB beat Seattle on MNF
Was hoping that Tampa beat Carolina on MNF
Was hoping that Pitt beat ATL earlier in the year

etc. etc. etc.

My point - relying on other teams to help out is the pitts. I just wish we destroy everything in our path over these next 5 weeks. But I understand your point.

I agree. I'm tired of hearing about Romo. I wish someone would kick his *ss and bring him back down to earth. He's been hanging around in the clouds too much lately. And if he ever does go out with Jessica Simpson, I hope he makes a fool out of himself!! :_rofl:

Nope, i want the cowboys to win....as long as it is a hard fought, typical NFC East game. Let the Cowboys win with a last second field goal.

If the Cowboys lose, they will be in a must win situation when the Saints go to visit. I would rather them sitting fat and happy.

Nope, i want the cowboys to win....as long as it is a hard fought, typical NFC East game. Let the Cowboys win with a last second field goal.

If the Cowboys lose, they will be in a must win situation when the Saints go to visit. I would rather them sitting fat and happy.

Good point...ok, how about this...cowboys win, but not because of Romo...he still has a bad day:D

no i want the Cowgirls to lose badly basically get embarrased. Then jerry jones and the tuna watch the saints own them in their own dome. Teacher vs student. Like jets patriots style. The saints will need an extra cart on the bandwagon after that.

I can hear the hype must win for dalls dallas 6-7 point favorite. Tony Oh-NO throws 6-7 int while brees breaks some NFL record for TD and yards in a game.

Ok this might be insane wishful thinking but i hope giants give them hell barely beat the Cowboys then have the boys bring their A game and we still beat them. Then we got the media respect.

Dont forget the tuna is a good coach win or lose the cowboys will be ready to play.

I'm not overly concerned about how well or how poorly Romo plays in this game. I'm more interested in seeing a very emotional and physical game between the Giants and Cowboys, regardless of who wins.

That would be to our advantage - to catch the Cowboys immediately after an emotionally and physically draining game.

Back to Romo. If there's any team that has an opportunity to expose Romo, it will be our Saints. Payton knows his tendencies and weaknesses better than anyone, and I'm sure he'll have a defensive game plan ready to expose them.

The only question is whether or not our D will have the ability to effectively carry out Sean and Gibbs' strategy against Romo & Co.... We'll find out in 11 days.

Actually, I hope the Cowboys crush the Giants. Then everyone will keep saying that Dal. is the best team in the NFC. Then when we whoop them on Sun. Night (with the whole world watching), everyone will know that we're for real.

Back to Romo. If there's any team that has an opportunity to expose Romo, it will be our Saints. Payton knows his tendencies and weaknesses better than anyone, and I'm sure he'll have a defensive game plan ready to expose them.

The only question is whether or not our D will have the ability to effectively carry out Sean and Gibbs' strategy against Romo & Co.... We'll find out in 11 days.

Likewise, Parcells should have a pretty good idea of what Payton and Gibbs likes to do. Of course gamefilm tells the story now anyway. But I don't think the Saints hold a decided edge with their connections to Dallas. It's a two-way street.

I agree, I dont want this week to be their let down week. Everyone keeps coming into Saints games with Must Wins. Let us play someone who has their letdown game against us!

I think I would rather have the Cowboys win in a tough game. maybe a couple guys banged up, not enough to make excuses but just a little maore sore than usual. Maybe they start to believe a little of their own press.

Then we come in and out physical them right from the opening kickoff. Start making them think they're in for a long day. Then we got 'em. Keep pounding #44 and #26!!!!

[QUOTE yes, he beat the colts...the other games he won was Arizona, Tampa, and the jeckle and hyde Panthers. He loss to the redskins, who beat the panthers. QUOTE]

Yeah they put up a massive 14 offensive points vs the colts swiss cheese Defense, and
those were started in great field position due to turnovers. Romo is in for a rude awakening very soon.

Likewise, Parcells should have a pretty good idea of what Payton and Gibbs likes to do. Of course gamefilm tells the story now anyway. But I don't think the Saints hold a decided edge with their connections to Dallas. It's a two-way street.

Gamefilm will tell you alot, but it never tells you everything. The Colts had 4 weeks of it on Romo.

Regarding the edge, I respectfully disagree. As his coach for 3 years, Payton does know Romo better than anyone, and that is a plus. Whether we can capitalize on that is another story... Given the importance and implications of this game, I'd take any edge I can get, even if it may seem irrelevant.

The great thing is, we won't have to wait long to find out....

I want the Giants to win, because I think it gives us a better chance at the #2 seed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom